General Manager – GP, Northern Region
Fixed Term Maternity Relief Contract
Managing a team of 6 Area Managers and 4 Regional Clinical Directors to deliver gold standards of care across approximately 80 vet clinics GP and Emergency Sites. Executing the vet strategy aligned with a growing and profitable business structure.
- Six (6) month Fixed Term Maternity Relief contract commencing in December 2021,with potential for extension.
- Generous salary and benefits package, car allowance and STIP participation
- Full P&L responsibility for their portfolio, including working with Support Office to deliver Recruitment, Marketing, IT, and HR requirements.
- Deliver and be held accountable for overseeing clinical standards and quality processes.
- An integral member of the Vet Senior Leadership Team reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Greencross is Australia’s largest integrated pet wellness organisation; with a national network of retail stores (Petbarn and City Farmers), veterinary practices (Greencross Vets), and our Animal Emergency Hospitals. Our purpose is to make our world a happier place through the love of pets. We are looking for a leader who achieves outstanding results and who can embody our values: Passion, Authentic, Caring, Knowledge, and Togetherness.
About the Role
The role of General Manager, GP – Northern Region will assume full leadership responsibility for the Greencross vet business for QLD and WA GP and emergency sites, currently overseeing approximately 80 clinics. They will be responsible for the effective leadership of a cohort of area managers and regional clinical directors who are accountable for the commercial performance and clinical standards of several vet clinics. The role covers the whole gamut of demand stimulation and retention through effective client attraction and retention and ensuring that each clinic has sufficient clinical team members on hand to meet demand. This will occur by considering a compelling value proposition for team members and its successful execution through recruitment and retention.
The role has P&L responsibility for their portfolio, including the execution of agreed business plans and targets. They will be required to develop and lead a team which can support an evolving business while managing recruitment and retention, overseeing clinical standards and quality processes are being met.
They will be required to actively participate in business development activities and build relationships with stakeholders that are critical to the ongoing performance of the vet business, including recruitment, marketing, IT, and HR. They will need to seek continuous improvement through the scale and efficiency of all operational aspects of the business and ensure world-class service quality. They will need to compile and interpret financial and statistical reports for the management of performance and provide strategic and operational oversight and analysis.
Your role and responsibilities will include but not limited to
- Full P&L responsibility of portfolio.
- Day to Day Leadership of six (6) Area Managers and four (4) Regional Clinical Directors.
- Strategic planning and leadership of clinics within QLD and WA GP and Emergency Sites.
- Implement and manage processes to review and improve clinic performance.
- Training and development of Area Managers.
- Establish working relationships between Area Manager/s, Regional Clinical Directors, Clinics, and Support Office. departments including Finance, HR, Payroll, IT, Recruitment, and Marketing.
- Assist Area Manager/s in complex decision-making within Overall Clinic Direction, Recruitment, Marketing, Performance Management, and Special projects.
Competencies to succeed in the role include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field would be desirable.
- Experience within the Health or Veterinary Industry.
- Experience with Multi-site management
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role with strong leadership and team-building evidence.
- High level of emotional intelligence and strong stakeholder liaison skills, including exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative approach, ability to lead change with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in P&L management and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team towards goal achievement and outcomes consistent with organisational objectives.
- Valid Driver Licence
How to Apply
Apply here with cover letter and resume attention to Sarah Kitchen (General Manager, People – Vet Services). Application close at 5:00pm Friday 1 October 2021.