Emergency, Surgical & Medicine Nurse
Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre
The positions require a Diploma or Certificate IV veterinary nurses previously working in an emergency or surgical specialist environment. We also encourage general practice veterinary nurses to apply for those wanting a career in areas of emergency, surgery, or medicine.
There are multiple roles in each department and opportunities to rotate between services. You must enjoy a team environment and thrive in a face paced environment. In return there will be opportunities to learn and advance your knowledge in emergency, medicine & surgical roles, working alongside a team of specialists and professionals.
The Adelaide Animal Emergency & Referral Centre is a 24hr multi-disciplinary centre offering emergency, specialist, and referral veterinary services. We have a strong ethic of providing the very best treatment and care for pets in the fields of emergency medicine, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, dentistry, specialist surgery, critical care, and diagnostic imaging. Our environment is fast paced, working closely within an efficient team.
As a successful candidate, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
• You will require a drive to learn and work cohesively within a dedicated specialist surgical, medicine or emergency nurse team
• Ensure optimal patient care and client communication is a priority
• Communicate & liaise with all departments and staff
• Actively participate at times in a rotating roster between departments
• Work within an equitable roster to support daily schedules
• Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively
• Work collegially alongside management and other departments providing feedback to line managers to facilitate improvements
• Focus on a continuing education plan and work life balance with your line manager
• Understand the complexity of advanced surgical, medicine & emergency procedures
• Actively participate in quality improvements, initiatives, risk management & OHS activities
• Attention to detail with excellent time Management skills and ability to multi-task
• Good oral and written communication skills including patient medical records
• Understanding of veterinary practice management programs
• Ability to work effectively in a high stress environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to work flexible hours
What are we offering?
• An opportunity to extend your skill base and advance your career
• A permanent full-time or part-time role with variety
• Surgical, medicine and emergency suite equipped with high end equipment
• Opportunities to work in an organisation that encourages collaboration with a large network of specialist veterinary hospitals
• We support internal and external continuing education for lifelong learning
• A collaborative professional team that values input and ideas
• We care about mental health and work life balance
• Access to an employee assistance program
• Discount policy for your pets
• On-site parking
Applications will be received via email only and should include a cover letter along with your resume. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Diane Whatling, Business Manager
For a confidential discussion please contact me on the number below
Adelaide Animal Emergency and Referral Centre
119 Anzac Highway, Kurralta Park SA 5037, Tel: 08 8371 0333