Would you love working at a busy animal vet hospital?
Are you an Animal Attendant or Junior Vet Nurse looking for your next challenge in an Emergency & Specialist environment?
Do you have great animal handling skills and great people skills?
Can you think outside the box with problem solving, and enjoy a fast paced challenging role?
Work autonomously and maybe have some supervision experience?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to the above then we would love to hear from you.
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is Sydney’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital, a well-established referral-only small animal hospital, offering a wide range of specialist services, and providing 24-hour emergency and critical care through multiple facilities across five states in Australia.
We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and are seeking a qualified, experienced staff to join our friendly, dynamic team. We have one the largest and diverse team of Animal Attendants working in a Vet Hospital in Australia.
About Your New Role
As an Animal Attendant (AA), you will play a critical role in the wellbeing of the patients we care for. You will be there to provide comfort and the basic necessities, food and water, walks, a clean bed, etc. as well as to support our incredibly hardworking nurses and vets by keeping the hospital sparkling clean and well stocked. Our AA’s are also responsible for ensuring all boarding patients are attended to and up-to-date with all scheduled Smart Flow procedures, patient walks and assisting nurses as with animal restraint/procedures if required.
About Your Skills and Qualities
• Certificate II in Animal Studies or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of work in a Companion Animal setting
• Experience in a veterinary clinic setting is highly desirable
• Passion to deliver a high-level standard of animal and patient care
• Thorough knowledge and experience of basic animal handling and behaviour (in particular dogs and cats)
• A willingness to constantly develop personal knowledge and skills that relate to your role
• Effective time management and organisational skills
• Can think outside the box: problem-solving abilities with a solution-based focus
• Self-motivated and the ability to work well on your own or with a team
• High standard of written and verbal skills; customer service experience highly valued
• Thorough understanding of WHS as it relates to the role of animal attendant working in a boarding facility or clinic environment
• Committed and positive work ethic that aligns with the core values of ARH
• Tech-savvy with ability to learn quickly (experience with RX works and Smart flow highly regarded)
• Ability to provide high quality patient care even in busy conditions
• Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task
• Completed or willing to obtain Fear Free Pets certification
• Supervisory and training experience will be highly regarded
• Positive attitude with a great sense of humour!
Any vet nursing students or junior vet nurses with clinical experience with an AA background are encouraged to apply!
- A permanent part-time role
- Job security and work life balance – work across a 24/7 roster up to 38 hours per week
- We offer work/life balance and work with you, and all of our team, to build the best roster for you and the hospital.
- Above award wages
- The opportunity to take on additional duties and assist the AA Team Manager in their absence
- Free on-site parking
- Career progression for the passionate and dedicated staff member
- We also have really good coffee, free raisin toast and fruit loops! Snacks are frequently provided on staff celebration days
- Opportunities for continued learning and access to courses within the hospital
- An employer who focuses on the well-being of all staff, access to EAP program, team-building events
- Discounts on pet food and products with Hills
How to Contact Us
Send your cover letter and resume to Carolyn Tonkli on firstname.lastname@example.org