Would you love working at a busy animal vet hospital?
Are you a superstar Animal Attendant or Junior Vet Nurse looking for your next challenge in an Emergency & Specialist environment?
Do you have great animal handling skills and great people skills?
Can you think outside the box with problem solving, and enjoy a fast paced challenging role?
Work autonomously and maybe have some supervision experience?
If you have answered Yes to the above, then we would love to hear from you
An opportunity for an Animal Attendant to join our Homebush team on a permanent part-time basis,
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is Sydney’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital, a well-established referral-only small animal hospital, offering a wide range of specialist services, and providing 24-hour emergency and critical care through multiple facilities across five states in Australia.
We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and are seeking a qualified, experienced staff to join our friendly, dynamic team. We have one the largest and diverse team of Animal Attendants working in a Vet Hospital in Australia.
About Your New Role
As an Animal Attendant (AA), you will play a critical role in the wellbeing of the patients we care for. You will be there to provide comfort and the basic necessities, food and water, walks, a clean bed, etc. as well as to support our incredibly hardworking nurses and vets by keeping the hospital sparkling clean and well stocked. Our AA’s are also responsible for ensuring all boarding patients are attended to and kept up-to-date with all scheduled Smart Flow procedures, patient walks and assisting nurses as with animal restraint/procedures if required.
The Essential Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will need to be available for a variety of shifts, including some weekends, across our 24/7 operation. We strive for a work/life balance and work with all of our staff to build the best roster for them and the hospital.
• Certificate II (or equivalent) in Animal Studies; or above
• Minimum 2 years of paid work in the Companion Animal Industry
• Experience in a veterinary clinic setting is highly desirable
• Passion to deliver a high-level standard of animal & patient care
• Thorough knowledge & experience of basic animal handling and behaviour (in particular dogs and cats)
• A willingness to constantly develop personal knowledge and skills that relate to your role
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Can think outside the box – problem-solving abilities with a solution-based focus
• Self-motivated and the ability to work well on your own or with a team
• High standard of written and verbal skills; customer service experience highly valued
• Thorough understanding of WHS as it relates to the role of animal attendant working in a boarding facility or clinic environment
• Committed and positive work ethic that aligns with the core values of ARH
• Own transport (free on-site parking)
• Tech-savvy with ability to learn quickly (experience with RX works & Smart flow highly regarded)
• Ability to provide high quality patient care even in busy conditions
• Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask
• Completed or willing to obtain Fear Free Pets certification
• Supervisory and training experience will be highly regarded
• Positive attitude with a great sense of humour
Any vet nursing students, or junior vet nurses with clinical experience, with an AA background are encouraged to apply!
Our Offer to You
• Job security and Work Life balance – Permanent position for those willing and able to work across a 24/7 flexible roster
• A permanent part-time role is offered with up to 38 hours per week available
• The opportunity to take on additional duties & assist the AA Team Manager in their absence
• Free on-site parking
• Career progression for the passionate and dedicated staff member
• We also have really good coffee and free raisin toast and fruit loops! Snacks are frequently provided, on staff celebration days!
• CE – Opportunity for continued learning & access to courses within the hospital
• An employer who focuses on the well-being of all staff, access to EAP program, team-building events
• Bring your dog to work with you! (conditions apply)
• Discounts on pet food and products with Hills
It’s Time to Apply
If you can imagine yourself working happily at our hospital, please send your cover letter responding to our criteria as per above, and your current resume to Stacey Carter, Recruitment ARH Homebush at email@example.com or phone (02) 9758-8666.
You must be an Australian citizen, or permanent resident to be a successful applicant, and have contactable references.
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview, with an immediate start on offer for successful applicants.