Calling All Vet Graduates
Are you looking for the best learning experience a newly qualified veterinarian can have? Do you want a supportive and friendly environment? Then this is the Graduate Program for you!
We can’t believe the time has come for us to look for our next cohort of new colleagues to join our Greencross family in 2022.
We are so excited for you to be able to experience our leading graduate development program that we continue to develop and update to ensure you receive the best possible foundation to start off your career. As a new grad at Greencross, you will enjoy a supportive environment and the ability to develop your talents and build upon your capabilities with the support of a dedicated program coordinator, veterinary mentor and other graduates who will become your second family.
About Your Program
All about Your New Grad Program
Your development program has been specifically designed to provide you with a well-rounded and dynamic curriculum. You will experience a wide range of cases, clinics and to work with world-renowned veterinary specialists within our referral hospitals.
What is the duration of the program?
Our program is designed for 12 months which includes a 5-day initial induction week (great way to meet your cohort!)
Do I work within only 1 clinic?
Although you will work mostly within one clinic, or in some cases between two, you will gain exposure to not only our General Practices, but also our Emergency and Referral hospitals and our not-for-profit partner organisations through our two-week program. We have opportunities in multiple regions across Australia, in QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, SA and WA.
What type of training and learning will I be exposed to?
Our program provides you will extensive learning and development in the forms of:
- A comprehensive training and induction program
- Practical workshops
- Online learning
- Invitation to our veterinary clinical symposium, one of the largest veterinary conferences in Australia
- A 12-module education program incorporates structured logical and progressive education in the areas of; Dermatology, Critical care and anaesthesia, Clinical pathology and laboratory diagnosis, Ophthalmology, Surgical techniques of soft tissue surgery, Dentistry, Gastroenterology, Radiology, Cardiology, Infectious diseases and preventative health care, Electives : Oncology, Neurology, Pharmacology, Exotic animal medicine and surgery, Feline medicine, Urology
- Shelter and international placement programs
- A choice of two internal electives including specialty, emergency, routine surgery, and medicine during your four-week placement
What type of support will I receive?
- Mentor program
- Access to an international coach as part of our “consult coach program”
- Mental health is at the forefront of our agenda- we provide an Employee Assistance Program as well as a trained Mental Health First Aider in every practice
- Enrolment in the Stress Free Pets course
Why join Greencross?
- 4 weeks paid annual leave per year
- Paid parental leave
- Exceptional clinical standards of care
- Discounts across Petbarn and Greencross clinics
- Inclusion into our world class Greencross Vet internal education programs
- Annual VIN and AVA memberships
- Full support and mentoring network within the region and beyond
- Relocation “care packaging” where applicable
- We provide you with a clear path of career development from day one
About Your New Team
Greencross is made up of 900 vets and a network of almost 180 General Practice, Emergency and Specialty Referral clinics across Australia. It was founded with the purpose of sharing our love and passion for animals through the pursuit of veterinary excellence; something we can proudly say is achieved every day in our clinics.
Are you someone who
- Demonstrates a caring attitude that respects and values clients and patients?
- Wants to develop your talents and build your capabilities?
- Delivers confident, competent and conscientious care?
- Focuses on innovation for the latest advances in veterinary medicine?
- Wants to work in a supportive and caring learning environment with a team of like-minded colleagues?
- Values work/life balance and interests outside of work?
- Wants opportunities to explore other veterinary interests including media/ leadership and building business skills?
- Wants to matter and be rewarded for your hard work and commitment?
About Your Qualifications
We welcome applications and enquiries from who are approaching graduation or recently graduated. To apply for our graduate program, you will need a Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc) or an equivalent degree recognised in Australia, formal identification (including birth certificate or passport), cover letter, academic transcript and resume including two referees.
Where to apply
To apply, please email the above documents to our Veterinary Graduate Program Coordinator directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like more information, simply send an email with your questions to the amazing team here email@example.com