Clinical Head Nurse
Subiaco & Bedford WA
An opportunity for a Clinical Head Nurse to join our Subiaco and Bedford teams on a full-time permanent basis.
About Your New Role
• Supporting the nursing team on a day to day basis
• Providing training to the nursing team as required
• Delivering personalised and dedicated client care to all patients and owners
• Caring, supporting, and handling patients of all kinds
• Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment
• Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre- and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care
• Performing minor procedures under Veterinary guidance, when required
• Reception duties, including being the first point of contact for clients, handling client enquiries in person and over the phone, scheduling appointments, managing client accounts, admitting, and discharging patients
What you’ll bring
• Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
• 3 or more years of clinical experience
• Experience in managing a team is desirable
• Excellent animal handling skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures
• Good organisational, communication and customer service skills
• Flexible and adaptable within a team environment
• A full-time permanent role with variety
• An interesting role as well as a dynamic and supportive team environment
• Commitment to your career development through access to continued education, ongoing mentorship and regular performance reviews
• Access to a support network of like-minded professionals
• Above award rates in line with experience and qualifications.
What would it be like to work with us?
Greencross is simply a great place to work. Our Greencross Vets are patient advocates. We’re focused on your professional growth and development, providing opportunities for you to progress in areas that spark your passion to change the lives of pets. We offer continued education and support, internally and externally, to give you development based on your interests and long-term goals.
We also provide access to experts in areas such as mental health and pride ourselves on our employee-led development and support programs.
Greencross provides the best mentoring and structured ongoing Vet and Vet Nurse development program opportunities in the country. We are proud to lead the way in the veterinary industry by supporting our teams with Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and a structured return to work clinical program.
We are committed to providing career life balance, have an industry-leading Continuing Education program, a highly regarded nursing intern program, plus a wide range of career opportunities throughout our 170+ Greencross Vet GP clinics, Specialist, Emergency and Referral vet hospitals nationally; Animal Emergency Centre, Animal Referral Hospital, Veterinary Referral Hospital, AVSARC, AAERC.
How to Contact Us
Submit your cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the criteria above to Divya Nasta, Area Manager on email@example.com