Emergency and Critical Care Nurse/Receptionist
The team at Moorabbin are excited to welcome new team members to our hospital.
We have ECC nursing positions available, as well as evening and weekend reception shifts. All roles require some work at night, on weekends and over public holidays, and we strive to provide a good balance for our people – we want you to enjoy your work, work hard and have enough time to rest and enjoy the rest of your life as well.
A little bit about us
AEC Moorabbin has been open for well over a decade. In 2021 we are a dynamic team, with several staff who have been with the AEC for years, as well as new staff who bring new ideas and skillsets with them when they join us. Management and clinical staff are working together closely to respond to the changing face of vet medicine, and to build a team focussed on excellent patient care, strong professional interactions and a supportive environment with a blame free culture that is dedicated to constant improvement.
Our purpose is: “To make our world a happier place through the love of pets.”
Our vision is: “To be the leader in integrated pet care.”
Our values are: Passion, Authentic, Caring, Knowledge, Togetherness
Our aim is to lead with professionalism and kindness and to let every person who comes through our doors know that we will be providing the very best professional care for their pet, in an environment that is friendly and supportive to staff, clients, referring vets and our community.
We are looking forward to many things in 2021-2022 including building works, new equipment and improving our workflow, and learning new skills and approaches to veterinary care. With this in mind, I ask you:
Would you like to work in a hospital where you are supported to be your best?
Our team members
• Are exposed to a wide range of interesting & complex cases
• Use their skills to nurse a wide range of emergency & critical care patients
• Develop their knowledge & skills to meet the needs of their patients
• Have access to a multitude of training opportunities
• Are paid according to skill set and experience with clear and achievable goals to reach the next pay level
• Can obtain funding to complete a diploma in Emergency & Critical Care
• Receive paid CE leave for training undertaken in your own time
• Are provided a membership to various Veterinary Education platforms such as Proskills and Vet Webinar
• Join a team, they don’t just have a job
• Work various rotational shifts on the AEC roster, which will include mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays. This often means a 3 or 4-day working week is achievable
• The opportunity to expand your clinical skills in a supportive, exciting and dynamic environment
• A challenging and rewarding position – feel good about what you do!
• Ongoing career support – regular performance reviews and mentorship
• Support both professionally and personally with proactive interaction with colleagues and the support team.
About Your Skills & Experience
• Cert IV Qualifications as a Veterinary Nurse (or equivalent qualification)
• At least 3 years of experience
• Exceptional organisational and communication skills
• The ability to work overnights. This role involves night shifts and weekend work
• Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
If you would like to become part of the dynamic AEC Moorabbin team, please send your application, including a cover letter and resume to Emily Wells Business Manager AEC Moorabbin email@example.com