Emergency Veterinary Director
AEC Moorabbin VIC
An exciting leadership opportunity has become available at The Animal Emergency Centre in Moorabbin. We are inviting applications for the role of Veterinary Director, to lead and mentor our passionate and enthusiastic team of Emergency Vets.
AEC Moorabbin is a purpose built, 24 hour Emergency Centre, offering a hospital full of all the exciting machines and equipment needed to work up and treat the interesting and varied case load we routinely encounter. Our teams are friendly and supportive, and our clients and their ‘fur kids’ are frequently insured, and willing to pursue gold standard treatment.
About Your New Role
• Ensuring a high standard of patient clinical care, customer service and team motivation
• Providing positive, motivational leadership in the context of team building to all staff working in the practice
• Case reviews to ensure high clinical standards are being practiced
• Charging reviews to ensure clinic revenue is being optimised
• Identify and implement clinical training as required
• Provide clinical leadership and support
• Facilitate the implementation of best standards of care based around what is suitable for the patient
About Your Skills & Experience
• Strong communication skills, and the ability to build effective working relationships with clients, staff members and referring veterinarians
• Exceptional organisation skills
• The ability to manage and support the performance of your team to ensure excellent customer service and clinical management of cases
The successful applicant would have a minimum of 4 years of experience working as a Veterinarian, including time working in an emergency setting. You would be available to work various shifts on the AEC rotational roster, including evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays. Previous experience in a leadership or management position would be well regarded, however you will have access to internal and external CE in this area, as well as support from a team of like-minded professionals.
Benefits for You
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package (in line with experience), including five weeks annual leave, one week of leave for Continuing Education, financial CE support, and AVA, VIN & JVECCS membership. This position offers a unique opportunity to be actively involved in the management of a large established ECC Hospital with the support of an experienced management team.
If this sounds like your next role, please send your updated cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability for the role to:
Lyndsay Farlow | Career Representative | 0432 491 618 | email@example.com
David Mason | Operations Manager for SA / VIC | 0435 051 307 | firstname.lastname@example.org