Emergency Vet Nurse
An opportunity for a qualified Veterinary Nurse to join our AEC Kedron team on a permanent part-time basis.
AEC Kedron provides afterhours emergency services for small animals in the Northern Brisbane area. Position provides a variety of different cases with varying workloads within a close team environment.
AEC Kedron is co-located with both a Greencross General Practice and Petbarn retail facility. This practice has been operating for the past 5 years in a purpose built, benchmark facility situated conveniently 12km from Brisbane’s CBD.
The successful applicant would be required to work various rotational shifts on the AEC roster, which will include evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays.
About Your Skills & Experience
• Certificate IV in Vet Nursing or equivalent
• 3 or more years of experience working within a veterinary clinic
• Background and a keen interest in emergency and critical care
• A solid technical grounding with regard to nursing skills
• An exceptionally high level of patient care and animal husbandry skills
• The ability to be flexible when required in a busy environment
• Ability to undertake emergency and critical care nursing tasks including hospital and surgical nursing, anaesthesia monitoring, pre/post-operative care & prep, clinical pathology and radiology
What we offer you
• A permanent part-time role with variety
• An interesting role as well as a dynamic, fast-paced, rewarding and supportive team environment
• Commitment to you career development through access to continued education, ongoing mentorship and regular performance reviews
• Access to a support network of like-minded professionals
How to contact us
To apply send your cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above-mentioned criteria to Ben Simpson, Business Manager on email@example.com