Gosford, Central Coast NSW
An opportunity for an Emergency Veterinarian to join our Gosford team on a permanent part-time or full-time basis.
The ideal applicant will be motivated, committed to patient care, and share a vision for a collaborative working environment, where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive personal gold standard service. Most importantly, we are looking for great people to join our Team who are interested in learning and growing in their roles and believe in providing pets with the best solutions, delivered with love and empathy. We are looking for someone who values their work colleagues and wants to participate in their workplace. We are looking for someone who values a work-life balance. We are looking for someone with a passionate, professional approach to their career.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and expertise
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Veterinarian with a keen interest and/or background in emergency medicine
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, and be committed to providing optimal patient care as well as timely reporting on treatment progress to ARH’s referring clinicians
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Surgical skills/ interest are preferable but not essential as on-call surgeons are available.
In addition to joining Australia’s largest network of Specialists and Emergency veterinarians and the Central Coast’s longest established Emergency Care facility; a competitive salary and a commitment to Gold Standard of Care, you are joining a company that cares about you. At the Animal Referral Hospital Gosford our staff come first, we want you to have a fulfilling role, a great work-life balance and to continue to learn in areas that interest you. The Animal Referral Hospital Gosford is a clinic that prides itself on our workplace culture. Our “newest” permanent Emergency Veterinarian has been with us for four years, most have been with our team for between seven to ten years. ARH Gosford has a very low staff turnover. We achieve this because we really care about what you need, and we want to provide a satisfying role for our team members.
You will have access to our Specialists but are also able to enjoy managing your own cases, with access to endoscopy, ventilation, ultrasonography, radiology and a full surgical suite. There is back-up support from our On-site Criticalist and very experienced Emergency Clinicians, as well as on-call Surgeons so that you can practice at the level you are comfortable at and enjoy.
We are a Team and a work “family”. We love to care for our pet community, our referring vets and our own staff, which is evidenced by:
- Strong Internal Continuing Education Program
- Annual Continuing Education Allowance
- “Growth Scholarship” available for study funded in addition to your regular CE
- Career development: Let us know your area of interest and we can provide extra training and education through our Specialist network
- 24-hour access to our Specialist Team and Skilled Emergency Clinicians
- In-Clinic Criticalist at ARH Gosford
- On-call Surgical Veterinarians at ARH Gosford
- Access to a broad range of Specialists and Consultants – including Internal Medicine, Surgery, Critical Care , Oncology, Ophthalmology, Radiology / Imaging and Dermatology
- Annual Greencross Veterinary Symposium
- Consultation Coaching provided by On Switch. We provide ongoing training sessions in the art of customer service and client communication
- Our staff discount extends to include Petbarn and Greencross clinics
- We support many Charity Volunteer Animal and Rescue groups by paying our Veterinarians while they assist, both here and overseas. For example ARH Gosford veterinarians were paid to travel and assist wildlife during the 2019 Bushfires
- Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and back-to-work programs
- Relocation and sponsorship packages on offer
- Accommodation allowance for non-Central Coast residents in-between shifts: We will put you up in a Motel in-between two consecutive shifts so you do not have to drive home
- Social events – if you want a work community
- Ability to travel and locum for any ARH and Greencross Clinic if working holidays interest you
- Join our passionate and highly skilled team to enjoy a collaborative, supportive workplace, genuine clinical freedom, access to use all the toys ( they are not just delegated to the Specialists) and access to the most up-to-date evidence-based research and treatments.
About the Role
Emergency Veterinarian to work across a rotating roster of nights and weekends and some Public Holidays on a shared basis.
*Part-time: 2 shifts per week (10 to 12 hour shifts 6p/8p- 6a; 6a-4p/6p.
*Full-time (3 shifts) or reduced part-time (single shift) can be accommodated.
- A mixture of General Practice and Emergency shifts is also available
- Some sole charge
- Remuneration is expected to be between $140000 and $180000 plus Super plus C.E. for a Full-time position. (Pro rata for PT roles)
- Optional enrolment in the University of Melbourne Graduate Diploma of ECC (2-year online course, value $8000 or pro rata if part-time) in addition to your regular CE allowance
“I have been working at ARH Gosford for 4 years now, and I can quite honestly say it is – by far – my favourite place that I have ever worked (I’ve been in the industry for over 10 years). The team and culture are beyond wonderful; I say like a family, but in the best possible way. We manage to have a laugh but always get the job done. Everyone supports each other. There’s access to specialists for advice or referrals, and management has your back. Great spot on the Central Coast near the beach, but still close to the city, and the team is social. I am leaving only to go travelling, and if I could take ARH Gosford with me, I would do so!”
The Central Coast New South Wales is located just one hour North of Sydney CBD. It has access to pristine waterways for boating, great surf beaches and many National Parks and bush land reserves for picnics and hiking. There is a thriving cafe and restaurant culture and many weekend markets to enjoy. All the perks of Sydney while enjoying a slightly more relaxed pace.
How to Contact Us
To discuss this role please phone +61 (02) 4323-3886 or email your Resume and Cover Letter to the Practice Manager Melissa Mozley M.email@example.com and Clinical Director Doctor Claire Bowland C.firstname.lastname@example.org