Mount Waverley & Moorabbin, VIC
The Animal Emergency Centre has exciting opportunities for new or recently graduated veterinarians to join our industry leading Graduate Development Program (GDP).The AEC’s Graduate Development Program is a 2-year intensive internship program designed to cultivate excellence in all aspects of emergency and critical care medicine and surgery.The GDP is conducted in a supportive and encouraging environment, with clinical supervision and mentorship provided by Membership qualified and experienced emergency and critical care veterinarians.
The program also involves structured didactic teaching, including practical classes, and training with specialists in the related disciplines of soft tissue surgery, internal medicine, radiology and clinical pathology.The program will also allow the graduate to gain experience in clinical research, scientific presentation and scientific manuscript preparation. The program will meet all internship requirements for those individuals wishing to pursue residency training and would also be greatly beneficial for any graduate wishing to accelerate their learning curve.
In addition to our Graduate Development Program the AEC can also offer;
- Industry leading support and mentorship provided by experienced team leaders
- A stable team of passionate vets & Nurses – Our team member retention is outstanding
- Skilled ECC nurses, we have some of Melbourne’s best ECC nurses
- Support from allied specialties within our extensive referral network
- A challenging and rewarding position – What doesn’t challenge you, won’t change you!
- An opportunity to be part of Melbourne’s leading ECC hospital
- Competitive salary of $60,000 – $70,000 + super
Upon completion of the program there will be opportunity for ongoing employment at AEC or within our extensive network of emergency and specialty hospitals.
Please see the attached program overview for further details on the program and application requirements. If you are motivated by clinical excellence and want to be part of a team who are committed to your training and development, then please send your completed application including a cover letter and CV to: