Greencross Vets Area Manager – NSW Central
Greencross is Australia’s largest integrated pet wellness organisation; with a national network of retail stores (Petbarn and City Farmers), veterinary practices (Greencross Vets), and our Animal Emergency Hospitals. Our purpose is to make our world a happier place through the love of pets. We are looking for a leader who achieves outstanding results and who can embody our values: Passion, Authentic, Caring, Knowledge, and Togetherness.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager – GP Veterinary Services Southern Region, the Area Manager is responsible for providing support to the leadership team of each veterinary clinic within the region of responsibility ensuring efficient operation as well as achieving quality standards of care.
You will be responsible for the effective leadership of a group of Practice Managers and Veterinary Directors who in turn are accountable for the commercial performance of their clinics. The role covers the full gamut of demand stimulation and retention through effective client attraction and retention and ensuring that each clinic has sufficient clinical team members on hand to meet demand. This will occur through considered execution of an effective value proposition for team members and successful execution through recruitment and retention.
You will be required to actively participate in business development activities and build relationships with stakeholders that are critical to the ongoing performance of the vet business, including, Recruitment, Marketing, IT and HR. The Area Manager is responsible for interpreting financial and statistical reports, data analysis and providing strategic and operational oversight.
Your role and responsibilities will include but not limited to
• Management of 12 General Practice Veterinary Hospitals
• Strategic planning and leadership support for each clinic within the region
• Maintain a strong customer focus, adding value to clinics through a deep understanding of the market
• Implement and manage processes to review and improve clinic performance
• Manage and promote innovation to facilitate business improvement
• Develop solid understanding of each individual clinic
• Effectively manage financial performance against budget
• Manage operational efficiencies to incrementally improve business performance
• Develop, motivate and lead Practice Managers, Veterinary Directors and Team Members
• Establish working relationships between Area Manager/s, Regional Clinical Directors, Clinics and support office departments
• Work with General Manager – GP on complex decision-making and preparation of business proposals
Competencies to succeed in the role include:
• Passion for the Veterinary or Animal Welfare industry.
• Strong leadership profile, coaching and negotiation skills.
• Highly organised and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Possess a self-directed attitude and an ability to work independently.
• High level of emotional intelligence and strong stakeholder liaison skills.
• Basic IT skills including but not limited to databases, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation incl. written and oral.
• Adequate knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management.
• Delegates responsibilities effectively.
• Ability to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• A bachelor’s degree in Veterinarian Science, Technology, Science or Business.
• Experience within the Veterinary or Medical Industry
• Multi-Site Management experience.
• Proven track record in business and financial principles including budget development.
How to Apply
Please contact Sarah Kitchen, General Manager, People – Vet Services on email@example.com to show your interest who will outline next steps. Application closing at 5:00pm Wednesday 1 September 2021.