Internal Medicine Vet Nurse
Glen Waverley VIC
The Melbourne Veterinary Specialist Centre is seeking a Casual Surgical/Night Nurse.
• Full time position available
• Based at our Glen Waverley clinic
• Experienced and qualified Internal Medicine Nurse required to support our specialist teams in the provision of high-quality patient care
• Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent is essential
• Minimum of 2 years Nursing experience required
The Melbourne Veterinary Specialist Centre (MVSC) is a leading multi-disciplinary specialist veterinary centre providing services from two primary hospitals to Veterinary practices within metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. Our surgery department has a wide array of interesting cases, including soft tissue, orthopaedic and neurological.
We are seeking an experienced Nurse who will provide high quality patient care and assist our specialists as required. The position requires a high level of quality nursing skills and experience coupled with the ability to work within a fast-paced environment. The nurse will also communicate closely with clients, providing outstanding client services and ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner when required.
Listed below are some of the responsibilities:
• Assisting with diagnostic procedures
• Pre-operative processes
• Assist with setting up of theatre
• Provision of surgical assistance
• Assist with anaesthesia & analgesia
• Manage and maintain central sterile supply
• Assist with monitoring procedures
• Assist with the management of post-operative care
• Assist with administration and maintenance tasks
This role would be ideal for a fully qualified Veterinary Nurse with experience working in a specialist centre or a busy emergency department environment, who is highly motivated, can multi-task and can work well autonomously or in a team.
We offer a supportive and friendly team environment combined with ongoing training. Access to Health and Wellness programmes, Employee Assistance Program and other employee benefits.
If you would like to be considered for the role please forward your cover letter and resume to our Client Relations Manager Stacey Cooke at email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia are to apply.