Internship in Small Animal Surgery
Glen Waverley VIC
An opportunity for a Small Animal Veterinarian to join our Melbourne team on a full-time 12-month Internship.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for our next Surgical Intern to join our fun and hardworking surgery team.
• Full-time position
• 4-day working week
• No public holidays
• Above award wage
• Based at our Glen Waverley Centre
• 4 weeks annual leave + 1 week paid conference/study leave
The Melbourne Veterinary Specialist Centre (MVSC) is a multi-disciplinary specialist veterinary centre providing services to referring veterinary practices within Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria from two locations (Glen Waverley and Essendon).
We are seeking a motivated and passionate veterinarian to be our next surgical intern, based at our Glen Waverley hospital. The successful intern will work closely with our surgical specialist and our fantastic team of dedicated and experienced surgical nurses.
This exciting opportunity will provide the successful candidate with extensive exposure and preliminary training in all areas of Small Animal Surgery. The position would be well suited to candidates who wish to continue further surgical training or complete a surgical residency in the future. Previous work experience in a specialist or emergency hospital would be advantageous, however potential candidates with experience in general practice with a keen interest in small animal surgery are also encouraged to apply. Applicants who already hold membership qualifications in small animal surgery from the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists (or equivalent) will be advantaged.
The added benefits of this role and employment at our hospital include:
• Active participation within all areas of the surgical service, including: consultations, diagnostic work ups, imaging, anaesthesia, surgical procedures, post-operative patient care, liaison with clients and referring veterinarians;
• The opportunity to work alongside all MVSC Specialists in the fields of internal medicine, oncology, dermatology and behavioral medicine;
• Access to advanced diagnostic imaging including onsite MRI, offsite MRI, CT and fluoroscopy;
• The successful candidate will be given support and assistance to undertake membership examinations in small animal surgery, publish scientific articles or participate in other forms of additional study/further education
• You will be joining a fun but hardworking team where staff morale is a high priority
If you would like to be considered for the role please forward your cover letter outlining your interest in the role and resume to Stacey Cooke, Acting Business Manager via email, email@example.com
Job reference no: Surgery Intern. Closing date for applications is 13 December 2021.
Only successful candidates progressing to the interview phase will be contacted.
Only candidates with the following right to work in Australia are to apply: Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or those holding the required work visa.