Medicine Vet Nurse – Animal Referral Hospital
Would you love working at a busy animal vet hospital? Are you a superstar Vet Nurse looking for your next challenge? The ARH Homebush is Sydney’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients, our clients and our staff. We offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and SA.
About Your New Role
The Animal Referral Hospital is currently seeking an experienced, motivated, and professional veterinary nurse who will work within the ARH Medicine Department and provide the exceptional patient care our hospitals have become known for.
Essential attributes you possess:
• You pride yourself on your exceptional patient care and client communication skills and enjoy building a lasting, positive rapport with both your patients and your clients
• You have a great sense of humour and will naturally adapt to a well established, positive team who thrives on team work, exceptional communication, continuing education and the best possible patient outcomes.
• You possess a certificate IV in Veterinary nursing or a Bachelor of Veterinary Technology.
• You have a minimum of 4 years veterinary nursing experience
• You have a genuine passion for all things internal medicine and a desire for continued professional development
• You are passionate about playing an integral role in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of internal medicine diseases.
Desirable attributes – however the right candidate will be provided further training and support to develop these skills!
• Experience in a referral or emergency hospital and/or working as a medicine nurse
• Experience in monitoring critical and complicated anaesthetics.
• Experience setting up, utilising, troubleshooting and cleaning diagnostic equipment including endoscopic equipment, ultrasound, X-ray, MRI, CT and video-fluoroscopy
• Knowledge of RX works, Smart-flow, various Idexx laboratory equipment and radiometers.
• You possess a Diploma (e.g. emergency and critical care diploma) or have the willingness to obtain your diploma in the future.
Our Offer to You
• A hospital that allows you to utilise your unique veterinary nursing skills including but not limited to aseptic phlebotomy, aseptic venipuncture, aseptic intravenous catheter placement, endotracheal intubation & the management of various feeding tubes, nasal lines and tracheostomy sites.
• A fair roster that is based on providing you with the best possible work life balance.
• A hospital with amazing continuing education opportunities where the employees foster a passion for continuous individual improvement, training and teaching.
• Radiation license
• Remuneration above the award.
How to Contact Us
Please e-mail your application cover letter and CV to Sally Otton email@example.com