Medicine Vet Nurse
An opportunity for a Medicine Veterinary Nurse to join our Canberra team on a full-time basis.
• Challenge and enhance your existing Veterinary Nursing skills
• Join a close-knit and mutually supportive team
• Free on-site parking and close to public transport
Would you love working at a busy animal vet hospital? Are you a superstar Vet Nurse looking for your next challenge? The ARH Canberra is Canberra’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital.
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients, our clients and our staff. We offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and SA.
About Your New Role
We are equally excited to find a motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, professional and experienced veterinary nurse to work alongside our new medicine specialist to provide the exceptional patient care our hospitals have become known for.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment
• You pride yourself on your exceptional patient care and client communication skills and enjoy building a lasting, positive rapport with both your patients and your clients
• You have a great sense of humour and will naturally adapt to a well-established, positive team who thrives on teamwork, exceptional communication, continuing education and the best possible patient outcomes.
• You possess a certificate IV in Veterinary nursing or a Bachelor of Veterinary Technology.
• You have a minimum of 3-4 years veterinary nursing
• You have a genuine passion for all things internal medicine, and you are passionate about playing an integral role in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of internal diseases.
About Your Skills & Experience
• Experience in a referral or emergency hospital and/or working as a medicine nurse
• Experience in monitoring critical and complicated anaesthetics.
• Experience setting up, utilising, troubleshooting and cleaning diagnostic equipment including endoscopic equipment, ultrasound, X-ray, MRI, CT and video-fluoroscopy
• Knowledge of RX works, Smart-flow, various Idexx laboratory equipment and ABL90 FLEX PLUS blood gas analyser.
• You possess a Diploma (e.g. emergency and critical care diploma) or have the willingness to obtain your diploma in the future.
Our Offer to You
• Above award remuneration
• A hospital that allows you to utilise your unique veterinary nursing skills including but not limited to aseptic phlebotomy, aseptic venepuncture, aseptic arterial catheter placement, endotracheal intubation & the management of various feeding tubes, nasal lines and tracheostomy sites
• A fair roster that is based on providing you with the best possible work life balance
• A supportive hospital with a genuine focus on all staff’s well-being
• A hospital with amazing continuing education opportunities where the employees foster a passion for continuous individual improvement, training and teaching
• Radiation license
• Onsite parking
How to Contact Us
If you would like to know more about the role or apply, please send your query to Jasdeep Phull, Business Manager on email@example.com