Medicine Vet Nurse
The Veterinary Referral Hospital in Melbourne’s South East provides comprehensive patient care from Emergency and Critical Care to Specialist Surgery, Medicine, Neurology, Oncology and Diagnostic Imaging. We practice the highest standards of care whilst remaining a friendly and relaxed clinic.
Our Medicine team is expanding, and we are seeking an experienced Veterinary Nurse to join our Medicine Team on a full time or part time basis.
The role will be rostered primarily in the Medicine department with the opportunity to work shifts in other departments, notably Neurology, Oncology and Diagnostic Imaging. It will include all aspects of nursing from admissions to procedures, through to recovery and discharge.
What we offer you
• The opportunity to expand your clinical skills in a supportive, exciting and dynamic environment
• A challenging and rewarding position – feel good about what you do!
• Support both professionally and personally with proactive interaction with colleagues and the support team
• The ability to work at any of the other Animal Emergency Centres in Melbourne
• The potential to work either a 5 or 4 day weekly roster
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate the following
• A higher level of competency in all areas of Veterinary Nursing
• Qualifications as a Veterinary Nurse, minimum Certificate IV or equivalent
• Experience in a Referral Hospital will be highly regarded
• A current radiation licence, or the ability to obtain prior to starting
• Exceptional organisation and communication skills
• A flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
Experience with advanced imaging techniques such as CT, Endoscopy and Fluoroscopy, as well as nursing patients with high needs will be highly regarded.
If this role is the one you have been looking for and sounds like your next challenge, please send your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above-mentioned criteria to:
People & Culture Co-ordinator
** Please note, only candidates with the right to work in Australia should apply