Medicine Vet Nurse
Would you love working at a busy animal vet hospital? Are you a superstar Vet Nurse looking for your next challenge? The ARH Homebush is Sydney’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients, our clients and our staff. We offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and SA.
About Your New Role
Due to continual growth within our hospitals, we are ecstatic to announce the addition of a 4th medicine specialist at our Homebush Hospital.
We are equally excited to find a motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, professional and experienced veterinary nurse to work alongside our new medicine specialist to provide the exceptional patient care our hospitals have become known for.
Essential attributes you possess:
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment
• You pride yourself on your exceptional patient care and client communication skills and enjoy building a lasting, positive rapport with both your patients and your clients
• You have a great sense of humour and will naturally adapt to a well-established, positive team who thrives on teamwork, exceptional communication, continuing education and the best possible patient outcomes.
• You possess a certificate IV in Veterinary nursing or a Bachelor of Veterinary Technology.
• You have a minimum of 3-4 years veterinary nursing
• You have a genuine passion for all things internal medicine, and you are passionate about playing an integral role in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of internal diseases.
Desirable attributes – however the right candidate will be provided further training and support to develop these skills!
• Experience in a referral or emergency hospital and/or working as a medicine nurse
• Experience in monitoring critical and complicated anaesthetics.
• Experience setting up, utilising, troubleshooting and cleaning diagnostic equipment including endoscopic equipment, ultrasound, X-ray, MRI, CT and video-fluoroscopy
• Knowledge of RX works, Smart-flow, various Idexx laboratory equipment and ABL90 FLEX PLUS blood gas analyser.
• You possess a Diploma (e.g. emergency and critical care diploma) or have the willingness to obtain your diploma in the future.
Our Offer to You
• Remuneration above the award
• A hospital that allows you to utilise your unique veterinary nursing skills including but not limited to aseptic phlebotomy, aseptic venepuncture, aseptic arterial catheter placement, endotracheal intubation & the management of various feeding tubes, nasal lines and tracheostomy sites
• A fair roster that is based on providing you with the best possible work life balance
• A supportive hospital with a genuine focus on all staff’s well-being
• A hospital with amazing continuing education opportunities where the employees foster a passion for continuous individual improvement, training and teaching
• Radiation license
• Onsite parking
It’s time to apply
Can imagine yourself working happily at our practice? If so, please send your cover letter and resume to Stacey Carter, Recruitment ARH Homebush firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9758-8666.
Looking for an immediate start if possible.
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.