Over 1600 veterinarians and vet nurses across Australia have chosen a career with Greencross Vets. Our vets and vet nurses benefit from the resources that the largest veterinary group in Australia provides including an industry leading education program, business support for better work life balance and career opportunities throughout the 170 plus veterinary related businesses in the Greencross Vets family. At Greencross Vets your passion for pets is exemplified by practicing the highest standards of care. We invite you to join Greencross Vets for a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Greencross Vets, a pioneer in the Veterinary landscape for over 10 years, are committed to raising the industry bar and we want you to be a part of our journey! An exciting opportunity exists for a Practice Manager to lead our passionate team at our Underwood clinic on a full-time basis.
About Your New Role
- Managing the day to day operations of our clinic including – stock management, staff management and rostering, and maintaining client records
- Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre-and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care
- Leading and developing our team and building a positive team culture
- Ensuring that monthly KPI’s are met
- Driving our business forward through creating and implementing local marketing initiatives
- Delivering outstanding service and care to all patients and owners
About Your Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience
- Proven experience in team management, with strong leadership and team building skills, and the ability to provide coaching for team members and to build a positive culture in your team
- Experience with Rx works (preferred but not essential)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Good business acumen
- Exceptional organisational skills
- A full-time permanent role with variety
- An interesting role as well as a dynamic and supportive team environment
- Commitment to your career development through access to continued education, ongoing mentorship and regular performance reviews
- Access to a support network of like-minded professionals
Underwood is a co-located practice, meaning it is located next door to a Petbarn store, offering endless benefits as well as a steady stream of cross referrals being directed towards our clinic. Our team work very closely with the Petbarn retail team, supporting us to offer a truly positive and memorable experience for our clients and their pets.
Our clinic is fully equipped with digital x-ray, IM3 Dental suite, Skyla Biochemistry and Mythic haematology. Two iso anaesthetic machines, Anitek multiparameter in theatre and Suntech BP as well as Pulse Oximeter, Nikki Pump and Bair Hugger for patient safety. We have two consult rooms leading into the prep area, dedicated theatre and x-ray room, dog and cat wards with a staff area out the back. Our Vet Director has a special interest in Ophtalmology. Our clinic is located in a very busy area, with a large growth potential.
Pay is in line with experience and qualifications. If this role is the right one for you, and you would like to become part of the dynamic Greencross team, Click here to apply now or please email your application including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the criteria above to Roelof van der Merwe, Area Manager on Roelof.email@example.com