S&E Pricing Analyst – Fixed Term 6 months Contract
As a pricing analyst for the Specialist and Emergency Hospitals, you will lead the analysis to determine the optimal clinic procedures, services and product pricing across our network. You will help transform the databases to align towards this optimal structure, working alongside the S&E Operations Manager and GM of Transformation to build towards this future state.
Greencross is Australia’s largest integrated pet wellness organisation; with a national network of retail stores (Petbarn and City Farmers), veterinary practices (Greencross Vets), and our Animal Emergency Hospitals. Our purpose is to make our world a happier place through the love of pets. We are looking for a leader who achieves outstanding results and who can embody our values: Passion, Authentic, Caring, Knowledge, and Togetherness.
• As Pricing Analyst, you will lead the analysis of optimal recommended clinical procedures, services and product pricing across our Specialist and Emergency Hospitals
• Execute on the agreement of rules and guiding principles for how items / services / procedures are developed
• Create a transition plan for each Specialist and Emergency (S&E) site to transition to the new terminology and invoicing structure
• Undertake analysis that will help define, communicate and capture revenue opportunities and potential margin risks in order to inform pricing strategies and price setting protocols on an ongoing basis
• You will test and adapt your thinking and modelling to find pricing and customer insights that will generate value for customers and the business, based on feedback from Operations
• The insights from your analysis will inform and build on our customer focused pricing strategy led by S&E Operations Manager and GM of Transformation, which will also include streamlining pricing processes across the business
• You will enjoy working across teams and functions to drive optimal pricing outcomes and business performance
Analyse current pricing structures
• How are items, services and procedures currently structured within RxWorks (PMS)
• How are we utilising these and where are there gaps in our invoicing structure.
• Current use of estimates / estimate templates /etc
Create a pricing structure
• Look to create an agreement of rules / principles for how items / services / procedures are developed
• Naming conventions
• Product or Service Mark-up rules
• Service heading utilisation / descriptions
• To create a set of possible options for how we may charge common items, then liaise and seek feedback about creating a standardised approach.
• Create a plan for discount monitoring and reporting.
• This includes both items not invoiced (missed billings) also those related to incorrect charges (discounting).
Create a transition plan for each S&E site to transition to the new terminology.
• How will this occur / Timing / etc
• Liaison with different departments, etc
• Looking for unity and consistency across our teams
• Plan to removing or deactivate unrequired items / duplicates / etc.
• To consider the implications of also integrating with Smart Flow Sheet
• To create a plan for mapping and bringing on new acquisition integrations
• To consider financial implications of any change
Analysis & Reporting
• Track price change impact by product, channel, customer type, etc and understand customer and competitor behaviour in response to pricing actions
• Produce monthly Price Performance Reporting including financial/non-financial indicators impacting pricing decisions and customer behaviour
• Gather market pricing intel and customer insights to support the team in identifying opportunities and provide recommendations for price changes
• Create local market benchmarking reports to support communicating price changes to clinics
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis and support as required
• Engage and connect with National Operations Manager, General Manager of Transformation, Business Managers, Information Technology teams and the Chief Veterinary Officer.
• Be able to manage and work with key stakeholders within our veterinary specialist and emergency businesses.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Strong veterinary clinical background and an understanding of veterinary invoicing and estimate systems.
• Ideally the candidate will have an understanding of RxWorks, EzyVet and other PIMS systems.
• Pricing and revenue management experience, including delivering high impact pricing and promotion strategies, programs, analysis or consultancy
• Advanced excel, data modelling and analytical skills
• Excellent financial and commercial acumen
• Strong communication and teamwork ability
• Experience with SQL is highly valued
How to Apply
Please contact David Mason (National Operations Manager) on David.Mason@aecvet.com.au to show your interest who will outline next steps.