Small Animal Medicine Internship
• Are you interested in developing your medicine skills or becoming a medicine specialist?
• Not quite sure of the best place to start?
• An internship could be for you!
The Animal Referral Hospital Homebush has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and professional individual to work and learn in a busy but supportive specialist referral and emergency hospital on an internship for 12 months.
About Your New Role
• You will work within our Small Animal Medicine Specialist team under the guidance and supervision of our specialists
• You will have close involvement with our other departments (surgery, oncology, emergency)
• You will assist in medical case management and be closely involved in the assessment, diagnosis and care of a diverse variety of challenging medical cases
• You will be expected to participate in case rounds/discussions, inter-practice journal club meetings and case presentations
What we offer
You will be rewarded for your efforts and contributions with a competitive salary and benefits package, employee wellbeing program, access to our national network of specialists and veterinarians and the opportunity to learn and develop your skills. Annual leave, study leave, and study allowance is also provided.
You will be encouraged to complete a published work during your internship and support in gaining memberships will also be provided. Previous ARH interns have continued on to residency positions worldwide.
• Eligible for Veterinary registration in NSW
• 1 year of clinical experience and a strong knowledge base on which to build
• Excellent communication and a positive attitude to work and learning
• Appropriate work rights for Australia are compulsory
If this sounds like the role for you, don’t delay! Send in your application including resume, a letter stating the reasons for seeking the internship and the name and contact details of two referees
Applications should quote our Job Number HB2204 and be sent to: Michelle Gray on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Michelle on 0429 007 945 if you would like to discuss this opportunity.