Small Animal Specialist Surgeon
The Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre (AVSARC) is a purpose-built multidisciplinary hospital. Our team provide referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging along with 24/7 emergency and critical care. Our collaborative approach allows for the highest quality of patient care as well as continuous learning.
A rare and unique opportunity for an experienced specialist surgeon, to join our dynamic and motivated team at AVSARC. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career and take a key leadership position within the hospital.
This is a full-time position that comes with the usual benefits associated with such a role, including study leave, CE allowance, vacation, sick leave, parental leave, superannuation etc. The salary is dependent on experience and qualifications along with a production-based bonus. This combined with a substantial sign-up bonus and tenure bonus as well.
What’s important to you:
- A varied and interesting role
- A strong support network of very knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Training & professional development opportunities
- An opportunity to help build and support a strong surgical team alongside our other referral and emergency departments
- To be supported in your role and your career
- Hours and shifts that are flexible
- High standards of clinical and patient care
- Relocation assistance
- As an accredited Sponsor with Australian Immigration, Visa Sponsorship for Overseas Vets through our international migration agent
To be successful in the role:
- Registerable specialist surgery qualification with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia along with a registerable veterinary degree,
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a team, as well as the confidence to work autonomously
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Exceptional customer service & communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- The ability to multitask and to demonstrate initiative
- Be flexible, adaptable and have a positive attitude
Adelaide is an amazingly vibrant city with all the benefits of a capital city but with the feel of a country town. We have great schools, a strong artistic and cultural community, with the Adelaide Fringe Festival; second largest in the world behind the Edinburgh Fringe, amazing sport with the beach and Adelaide Hills both only short drives from the city centre and not to mention the food and wine regions of the Barossa Valley and McClaren Vale on our door step. This is a great place for families and those seeking a lifestyle and work-life balance most only dream about.
For more information please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager Damon Somerfield +61 466 636 815.
To apply, please send your resume and a covering note to:
Dr David Mason BVSc MANZCVSc GAICD MBA