Small Animal Specialist Surgeon
Adelaide South Australia
The Adelaide Animal Emergency and Referral Centre (AAERC), is a first-class facility, multi-disciplinary centre with extensive up-to-date equipment including a full in-house IDEXX lab, digital radiography, ultrasonography, fluoroscope and CT. We have a team of 65 veterinarians, nurses and support staff that work to deliver exceptional veterinary care to the pets of South Australia.
Our team provide referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Dental and Cardiology and Imaging along with 24/7 emergency and critical care. Our collaborative approach allows for the highest quality of patient care as well as continuous learning.
A rare and unique opportunity for an experienced specialist surgeon, to join our dynamic and motivated team at AAERC. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career and take a key leadership position within the hospital.
This is a full-time position that comes with the usual benefits associated with such a role, including study leave, CE allowance, vacation, sick leave, parental leave, superannuation etc. The salary is dependent on experience and qualifications along with a production-based bonus. This combined with a substantial sign-up bonus and tenure bonus as well.
What’s important to you:
- A varied and interesting role
- A strong support network of very knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Training & professional development opportunities
- An opportunity to help build and support a strong surgical team alongside our other referral and emergency departments
- To be supported in your role and your career
- Hours and shifts that are flexible
- High standards of clinical and patient care
- Relocation assistance
- As an accredited Sponsor with Australian Immigration, Visa Sponsorship for Overseas Vets through our international migration agent
To be successful in the role:
- Registerable specialist surgery qualification with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia along with a registerable veterinary degree
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a team, as well as the confidence to work autonomously
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Exceptional customer service & communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- The ability to multitask and to demonstrate initiative
- Be flexible, adaptable and have a positive attitude
Adelaide is an amazingly vibrant city with all the benefits of a capital city but with the feel of a country town. We have great schools, a strong arts and culture community (e.g. Adelaide Fringe Festival; second largest in the world behind the Edinburgh Fringe), amazing sport with the beach and Adelaide Hills both only short drives from the city centre and not to mention the food and wine regions of the Barossa Valley and McClaren Vale on our door step. This is a great place for families and those seeking to have a lifestyle and work-life balance most only dream about.
To apply, please send your resume and a covering note to:
Matthew Lacey – Talent Acquisition Partner – Specialist and Emergency – firstname.lastname@example.org