Sterile Supply Assistant
An opportunity for a Sterile Supply Assistant to join our team on a part-time on a rotating roster. Must be available to work 2pm to 8pm Monday to Friday, with the flexibility to work as required on weekends.
The Adelaide Animal Emergency & Referral Centre is a 24hr multi-disciplinary centre offering emergency, specialist and referral veterinary services. We have a strong ethic of providing the very best treatment and care for pets in the fields of emergency medicine, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, dentistry, specialist surgery, critical care and diagnostic imaging.
What are we offering?
We are expanding the support network within the specialist Surgery Team and require a dedicated assistant for our sterile processing department. This position will suit applicants who are passionate about infection control, theatre management, sterile supply and reprocessing. It is a vital role with the potential to support multiple advanced veterinary departments. Animal handling or veterinary experience is not required and sterilisation. CSSD technicians, or those currently enrolled in industry related training are encouraged to apply.
What can you expect from our team?
• You will have a vital role within a dedicated specialist surgery department that offers a range of advanced surgical and diagnostic procedures, with the potential to also support our dentistry, internal medicine and emergency and critical care teams.
• You will have new and unique opportunities to learn from a team of supportive, highly skilled specialist nurses.
• You will gain experience in theatre preparation and management, instrument reprocessing, sterile surgical supply, autoclave use and maintenance.
• You will be working with varied instrumentation and equipment, including orthopaedic, neurosurgical, powered, minimally invasive and electrosurgical equipment.
As a successful candidate, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Sterilisation and CSSD technical experience preferred
• A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
• Confidence and initiative to work autonomously yet seek assistance as needed
• The ability to take directions in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
• Able to multi-task and navigate within a busy multi-departmental workplace
• Flexibility, enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Take pride in your work and show great attention to detail
Applications will be received via email only and should include a cover letter along with your resume. Please include the contact details of two professional referees and one personal referee. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Elisha Barrow, Business Manager
Adelaide Animal Emergency and Referral Centre
119 Anzac Highway, Kurralta Park SA 5037, Tel: 08 8371 0333