Surgery Vet Nurse
An opportunity for an experienced Veterinary Nurse to join our Surgery Team at VRH Dandenong on a full-time basis.
The Veterinary Referral Hospital (VRH) provides comprehensive patient care from Emergency and Critical Care to Specialist Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology and Diagnostic Imaging. We recently acquired a Specialist Anaesthetist team to share their knowledge and support our nurses and so we sure pack in a lot under this roof!
We stand by our core values of Passion, Authenticity, Caring, Knowledge and Togetherness.
We practice the highest standards of care whilst remaining a friendly and relaxed clinic. We support the growth of the industry by virtue of being a teaching and learning hospital, with internships (vet and nursing), student placements and presentations to local and global forums. Nevertheless, we never forget that we are here to provide the best service and care for our patients, their owners and our own team members.
In Surgery, you will work with a close-knit team of nurses, specialists and interns focussed on the highest levels of surgical and nursing care for both orthopaedic and soft tissue procedures. You will be supported on complicated anaesthetics with our specialist anaesthetist team. So, we would love to hear about your experience with anaesthesia in a surgical setting.
What we offer you
• The opportunity to expand your clinical skills in a supportive, exciting and dynamic environment
• A challenging and rewarding position – enabling you to feel good about what you do!
• A personalised training program including access to local and international courses
• Support both professionally and personally with a focus on mental health and well-being
• An attractive salary package to recognise and enhance the skills and talents of the right person;
• An employment offering that promotes a healthy balance of work and well-being priorities
• The ability to work at any of the other Animal Emergency Centres in Melbourne
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Qualifications as a Veterinary Nurse, minimum Certificate IV or equivalent
• A higher level of competency in all areas of Veterinary Nursing
• At least 2 years of experience in the veterinary industry
• Exceptional organisation and communication skills
• A flexible, adaptable and positive “we’ve got this” attitude!
Experience in referral hospitals is preferable but not essential.
If you are not quite sure, why not come and check us out to see if we are the team for you?
If this role looks like the one you’ve been searching for and sounds like your next challenge, send your cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the criteria to Michael Wilhelm, People and Culture Co-ordinator on email@example.com