Surgery Vet Nurse
Would you love working at a busy animal vet hospital? Are you a superstar Vet Nurse looking for your next challenge? The ARH Homebush is Sydney’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital.
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients, our clients and our staff. We offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and SA.
Due to continual growth within our hospitals, we are equally excited to find a motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, professional and experienced veterinary nurse who will work alongside our current surgery team to provide the exceptional patient care our hospitals have become known for.
We are looking for someone who
• Wants to further their career in veterinary nursing
• Has completed Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and has at least 3 to 4 years’ experience
• Has a passion for surgery
• Is enthusiastic and honest
• Has high standards and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work sole charge and also as part of a team
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills
• Knowledge of Rx works / Smart flow will be highly regarded (but not essential)
About Your New Role
• Specialist surgical and theatre nursing
• Radiology (including CT & MRI imaging)
• IV catheter placement and fluid therapy
• Taking blood and using in-house lab equipment
• Intensive care patient monitoring
• Surgical patient care and treatments
• Cleaning and autoclaving of surgical instruments and specialized surgical equipment
We are currently requesting expressions of interest for full-time, part-time or casual roles which may include some Saturday work in our busy surgery department. We have a number of different rostered shift times, with overtime sometimes being required.
Benefits for You
• On-going training will be provided
• Further education is encouraged and supported
• The successful applicant will be well remunerated above the award rate
• Join our skilled and friendly team
If you are looking for an exciting surgical nursing career opportunity, please e-mail your application cover letter and resume to Stacey Carter on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9758-8666.