Surgery Vet Nurse
Kurralta Park SA
The Adelaide Animal Emergency & Referral Centre is a 24hr multi-disciplinary centre offering emergency, specialist and referral veterinary services. We have a strong ethos of providing the very best treatment and care for pets in the fields of emergency medicine, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, dentistry, surgery, critical care and diagnostic imaging.
If you are highly motivated, caring, passionate and want to improve your knowledge and skills in surgery and anaesthesia, then we want YOU! Our busy Specialist Surgery Department is growing, and an opportunity exists for you to join our team of highly skilled and dedicated nurses, surgeons and surgical residents.
This position is permanent part-time up to 35 hours per week, with some after-hours and weekend work.
What can you expect from our team?
• You will have a varied and interesting role performing specialised and advanced surgical, anaesthesia and critical care nursing
• You will have a large network of specialists, referral practitioners and highly trained nurses from whom to seek support, training and mentorship
• You will have new and unique opportunities to learn and gain training in veterinary surgery, diagnostic imaging, anaesthesia, multi-modal analgesia and critical care
• You will have access to state-of-the-art surgical, imaging and anaesthesia equipment and procedures
• You can expect to be excited, educated, enlightened, enthused and inspired
As a successful candidate, you possess the following skills and attributes:
• You have attained a minimum of Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing, with at least 3 years’ experience
• You have a strong work ethic and enjoy working as part of a team
• You have the confidence and initiative to work autonomously yet seek assistance as needed
• You are able to multi-task and navigate within a busy, fast-paced workplace
• You are flexible, enthusiastic and have a positive can-do attitude
• You can provide excellent customer service and have good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• You understand and commit to providing best-practice treatment and care to your patients
• You are passionate about continuing education and constantly seek opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and believe this is your opportunity to shine, then you belong here with us.
How to Contact Us
Applications will be received via email only and should include a cover letter along with your resume to Elisha Barrow, Practice Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the contact details of two professional referees and one personal referee. Short-listed applicants will be contacted by phone.
Adelaide Animal Emergency and Referral Centre
119 Anzac Highway
Kurralta Park SA 5037
08 8371 0333