Surgical Nurse Co-ordinator
Veterinary Emergency and Specialist Facility
The position requires a Diploma or Certificate IV veterinary nurse previously working in a surgical specialist environment or high-end veterinary facility with leadership skills.
This is a rare opportunity for a passionate, experienced veterinary nurse with a minimum of 4 years’ experience to lead an exceptional team of surgical nurses in a specialist surgical environment. It is essential you provide collaborative team leadership and exhibit outstanding communication skills with attention to detail in administrative and case scheduling.
The Adelaide Animal Emergency & Referral Centre is a 24hr multi-disciplinary centre offering emergency, specialist, and referral veterinary services. We have a strong ethic of providing the very best treatment and care for pets in the fields of emergency medicine, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, dentistry, specialist surgery, critical care, and diagnostic imaging. Our environment is fast paced, working closely within an efficient team.
As a successful candidate, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
• You will require strong leadership skills to support a dedicated specialist surgical nurse team working closely with other departments such as medicine, dental, emergency department and central supply
• Ensure optimal patient care and client communication is prioritised
• Communicate & liaise with all departments and staff
• Develop suitable nurse rosters to support success of daily schedules
• Ability to delegate, monitor and develop efficiencies in workflow
• Work with management and other departments to resource equipment and make improvements to your department
• Undertake professional development reviews for nurses with a focus on a continuing education plan and work life balance
• Understand the complexity of advanced surgical procedures maintaining a supportive environment
• Manage and log equipment & maintenance agreements
• Actively participate at times as a rostered surgical nurse
• Actively participate in quality improvements, initiatives, risk management & OHS activities
• Attention to detail with excellent time Management skills and ability to multi-task
• Develop a cohesive team of experienced nurses and collaborative supervision and support for junior nurses
• Good oral and written communication skills including patient medical records
• Ability to work effectively in a high stress environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to work flexible hours
What are we offering?
• An opportunity for you to extend your skill base and provide leadership within a team of highly skilled surgical nurses
• A permanent full-time role with variety
• A surgical suite equipped with advanced anaesthesia and surgical equipment
• Opportunities to work in an organisation that encourages collaboration with a large network of specialist veterinary hospitals
• Internal and external continuing education opportunities to support lifelong learning
• A collaborative team that values input and ideas
• We care about mental health and work life balance
• Access to an employee assistance program
• Discount policy for your pets
• On-site parking
Applications will be received via email only and should include a cover letter along with your resume. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to contact us
If you are interested in this position please contact Diane Whatling, Business Manager on Dianew@aaerc.com.au or 08 8371 0333.