We have an exciting opportunity available to join our amazing surgical team
• Immediate start
• Full time position – 4 day weeks
• No weekend rosters
• No public holidays
• Above award wage
• Based at our Glen Waverley Centre
The Melbourne Veterinary Specialist Centre (MVSC) is a multi-disciplinary specialist veterinary centre providing services from three locations to veterinary practices within metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Our excellent team of Specialist Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses are seeking a motivated and passionate surgical nurse. This role would be ideal for a fully qualified Veterinary Nurse with experience working in a specialist centre or a busy emergency department environment, is highly motivated, can multi-task and who is a team-player.
This is a full time position working 4, 10 hour days per week with a rostered day off. No public holidays or weekend work required. Interesting case load, a fun and supportive work environment, above award wage, working closely with our other specialty departments – Dermatology, Internal Medicine/Oncology and Behavioural Medicine.
What we are looking for:
• Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
• Minimum 3 years of experience preferred
• Experience in a specialist or emergency Veterinary centre
• Team focussed with excellent communications skills
• Able to work autonomously and in a team
• The ability to work in a fast-past environment with a can-do attitude
• Providing high standard of care to patients
• Full working rights in Australia essential
Benefits for You
We provide a supportive and friendly team environment combined with access to Health and Wellness programmes, Employee Assistance Program and other employee benefits along with exposure to interesting and exciting specialist surgery cases.
If you would like to be considered for the role please forward your cover letter outlining your interest in the role and resume to Stacey Cooke, Acting Business Manager via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: Surgery Nurse
Only successful candidates progressing to the interview phase will be contacted.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Applications without a cover letter addressing the key requirements will not be considered.