Triage Vet Nurse Receptionist
Essendon Fields VIC
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) Essendon has a 24 hour per day, 7 days a week, dedicated emergency and critical care (ECC) service. The hospital is staffed with an outstanding team of emergency veterinarians and nurses working alongside specialists in ECC / internal medicine and surgery. We aim to provide a responsive, comprehensive emergency and referral service to Victorian veterinarians, their clients and their patients. We provide high professional and clinical standards, which are tempered with genuine care and compassion.
ARH is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, dedicated Vet Nurse who loves customer service and wants to be an Emergency and Critical Care afterhours Triage Nurse on a part-time or casual basis.
Veterinary medical knowledge is essential for this position. The successful applicant must be a qualified nurse and have at least two years’ experience in the veterinary industry. Previous experience at a referral hospital with Rx Works would be an advantage; however, your professional approach is more important to us.
What Would It Be Like to Work With Us
The role is primarily responsible for front of house reception and triage of incoming patients to the Emergency Department and providing an exceptional level of customer service. This position is completely committed to emergency reception and customer service and will not involve any nursing tasks other than triage.
Reception-Triage is an autonomous nursing role and essential to patient safety and the efficient delivery of emergency care. Reception is the first point of clinical contact for all customers and their pets presenting to ARH emergency department and the point at which care begins. You must be able to confidently give informative and supportive advice to clients and referring veterinarians who are calling in regards to emergencies. You must also be able to confidently and calmly triage patients as they arrive and liaise with the rest of the emergency team in a fast and efficient manner. This role involves multitasking and consistently providing high quality customer service in a sometimes-hectic environment with high attention to detail.
About Your New Role
• Provide a welcoming and professional atmosphere for clients with exceptional customer service, face to face and over the phone
• Perform patient assessment / reassessment
• Sort patients into priority groups according to guidelines
• Support the veterinarians and nurses, liaise knowledgeably and accurately with staff and clients.
• Providing continuous improvement in the area of practice
• Reception administration duties and support
• Cash handling, EFTPOS and bank reconciliation
• General housekeeping
You possess a friendly and professional disposition, have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills with a passion for achieving outcomes and will flourish in a face paced, team environment.
• Certificate IV in veterinary nursing or higher equivalent
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Interest in veterinary emergency & critical care
• Previous experience in an emergency or referral hospital
• Knowledge of Rx works will be highly regarded (but not essential)
Benefits for You
• Working with a friendly and supportive emergency team
• On job training and continuous workplace support from senior nurses and veterinarians
• Continuous education and professional development.
• EAP service
This is a casual or permanent part-time position with scope for additional hours. You will be rewarded with the opportunity to showcase your skills and take ownership of your role, within a highly successful organisation that truly rewards and supports its employees.
Please forward your application via email with the subject field ‘Triage Nurse Position’ with current resume, cover letter and references to Rachel Scholten, Emergency & Critical Care Nurse Manager, on email@example.com