With a couple of years of experience under your belt, you know what matters in your veterinarian career – a sense of teamwork, support and a chance to take your career to the next level.
This is why, at Greencross Vets, we’re focused on your growth. One of the largest veterinary groups in Australia, we pride ourselves on our veterinary jobs with employee-led development and support program that includes a commitment to a better career/life balance, an industry-leading education program, plus a wide range of career opportunities throughout the 170+ vet-related businesses in our larger family.
What you’ll be doing each day
● Delivering personalised, professional and dedicated care to our patients and owners
● Handling and treating all animals
● Regular consults and routine vet surgery
● Using evidence-based diagnoses, therapies and recommended courses of treatment
● Providing follow-up care and education of our pet owners
● Confidently working as a sole practitioner in the clinic when required
What you’ll bring
● A flexible and adaptable approach, with a commitment to gold standards of care
● Passion for pets (naturally), with excellent animal handling skills
● Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in Australia
● Exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
● Interest in, and commitment to, working in a team environment
What we offer you
Greencross Kedron is an energetic community of pet-obsessed people just like you! We believe in reward and recognition at every step. When you join our family, you’ll enjoy:
● A growth-focused environment where your development is our priority
● A permanent full-time role with variety
● A variety of vet jobs across our community – you have choices for your vet career
● Five weeks annual leave, including one-week study leave
● Continuing Education programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
● Mental health first aid officers at each clinic
● Free and confidential counselling available 24/7 through LifeWorks
● Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience
What would it be like to work with us?
Our clinic equipment further includes in house bloods (CBC, biochemistry, EPOC blood gases, blood typing and clotting times), digital radiology and dental radiology, high quality ultrasound with cardiac ultrasound potential, cautery, multimonitors including ECG and blood pressure, doppler and petmap blood pressure monitoring. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible support to ensuring a positive clinical experience and outcome for every client and their pet. We are a large, fast-paced clinic with 4 consult rooms, a large treatment room with 2 surgeries, radiology room, separate cat ward, dog ward, isolation and treatment wards, radioactive iodine ward as well as ICU cages with oxygen capability in the treatment room. You will experience a wide variety of cases, with also a high volume of feline patients. We have a long-standing and established client base who are loyal to our vets and have built great trusting relationships over the years. Our clinic is located next door to a large Petbarn retail store. The benefits of this are endless, allowing for a steady-stream of cross-referrals and providing a broader network of pet care professionals. We also have the added support of the Animal Emergency Centre, enabling us to provide around-the-clock service for our clients and easy transfer of cases.
How to contact us
We want to hear from you, about what matters most in your career and how we can play a role in that development. Contact Abbie Smith on 0412 966 031 or firstname.lastname@example.org