Mount Barker SA
With a couple of years of experience under your belt, you know what matters in your veterinarian career – a sense of teamwork, support and a chance to take your career to the next level.
This is why, at Greencross Vets, we’re focused on your growth. One of the largest veterinary groups in Australia, we pride ourselves on our employee-led development and support program that includes a commitment to a better career/life balance, an industry-leading education program, plus a wide range of career opportunities throughout the 170+ vet-related businesses in our larger family.
What we offer you
Greencross Wellington Road in Mount Barker is an energetic community of pet-obsessed people just like you! We believe in reward and recognition at every step. When you join our family, you’ll enjoy:
- A growth-focused environment where your development is our priority
- Relocation allowance for interstate or international Vets
- Visa support for international Vets
- Five weeks annual leave, including one-week study leave
- CE programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
- Mental health first aid officers at each clinic
- Free and confidential counselling available 24/7 through LifeWorks
- Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience
What you’ll bring
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with a commitment to gold standards of care
- Passion for pets (naturally), with excellent animal handling skills
- Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in Australia
- Exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
- Interest in, and commitment to, working in a team environment
What you’ll be doing each day
- A full-time or part-time permanent role – tell us how you like to work
- Delivering personalised, professional and dedicated care to our patients and owners
- Handling and treating all animals
- Regular consults and routine surgery
- Using evidence-based diagnoses, therapies and recommended courses of treatment
- Providing follow-up care and education of our pet owners
- Confidently working as a sole practitioner in the clinic when required
What would it be like to work with us?
If you are looking for a great work/life balance, this is the place to come. We have a wonderful supportive team who make sure you always get a lunch break. We regularly have morning teas or lunches provided for us. Our clients are regulars and are happy to do what is needed for the health of their pets. We offer a high standard of care and have all the usual toys. There is no afterhours work, and we rarely leave after 6pm on weekdays. Saturdays are shared and are mornings only from 8.30am until 12pm and we always leave on time. We are busy but there is still time to check bloods, write up your cases and return phone calls – not during your lunchbreak. Looking after our team is a priority.
Our clinic mostly treats dogs and cats and occasionally pocket pets. To assist you with every case that comes through our clinic doors, Wellington Greencross is fully equipped including digital and dental X-ray, MLS therapeutic laser and cautery. Mt Barker is one of the fastest growing townships in the state. With vibrant developments and its natural beauty located only 30k’s from Adelaide, it’s an exciting place to live and work. This bustling township is in the Heart of Adelaide Hills with recreational activities, rivers, wineries and beaches close by. Community spirit is high with great transport, schooling, medical and shopping facilities.
How to contact us
We want to hear from you, about what matters most in your career and how we can play a role in that development. Contact your Career Representative Lyndsay Farlow on email@example.com or 0432 491 618.