Roving Locum Gold Coast
With a couple of years of experience under your belt, you know what matters in your veterinarian career – a sense of teamwork, support and a chance to take your career to the next level.
This is why, at Greencross Vets, we’re focused on your growth. One of the largest veterinary groups in Australia, we pride ourselves on our veterinary jobs with employee-led development and support program that includes a commitment to a better career/life balance, an industry-leading education program, plus a wide range of career opportunities throughout the 170+ vet-related businesses in our larger family.
What we offer you
Greencross in Gold Coast is an energetic community of pet-obsessed people just like you! We believe in reward and recognition at every step. When you join our family, you’ll enjoy:
● A growth-focused environment where your development is our priority
● Five weeks annual leave, including one-week study leave
● CE programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
● Mental health first aid officers at each clinic
● Free and confidential counselling available 24/7 through LifeWorks
● Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience
What you’ll bring
● Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in Australia
● 4 or more years of experience as a Vet
● Ability to work in sole charge in fast-paced clinics
● A flexible and adaptable approach, with a commitment to gold standards of care
● Passion for pets (naturally), with excellent animal handling skills
● Exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
● QLD radiation and microchip licenses (essential)
● Interest in, and commitment to, working in a team environment
What you’ll be doing each day
● Delivering personalised, professional and dedicated care to our patients and owners
● Handling and treating all animals
● Regular consults and routine surgery
● Using evidence-based diagnoses, therapies and recommended courses of treatment
● Providing follow-up care and education of our pet owners
● Confidently working as a sole practitioner in the clinic when required
What would it be like to work with us?
We are seeking a passionate Vet to fill a roving locum role across our teams on the Gold Coast. This is a permanent position with opportunities in the future to progress to Veterinary Associate or Veterinary Director leadership position.
Our clinics are well fitted out with equipment including:
● Digital x-ray
● Dental x-ray
● IM3 Dental
● Orthopaedic equipment
● Bair Hugger
You would join us on a full-time basis and contribute across our teams on the Gold Coast to support with annual leave and busier periods. You will work closely with the Regional Clinic Director who is also the Gold Coast regions’ roving orthopaedic surgeon. We also have a Vet Director with a membership in ultrasonography who provides ultrasound referrals. We leverage our partnership with our 24Hr AEC Emergency clinic for any emergency and after hours monitoring.
The clinics you are rostered into will change based on the needs of the area at this time. Clinics would include:
● Surfers Paradise
● Upper Coomera
● Tweed Heads
● Palm Beach
● Biggera Waters
● Robina Village
● Helensvale Square
● Burleigh Waters
● This is a full-time permanent role, 4 days, 38 hours per week
How to contact us
We want to hear from you, about what matters most in your career and how we can play a role in that development. Contact Abbie Smith on 0412 966 031 or firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.