Vet Nurse – Emergency & Critical Care (ECC)
The Adelaide Animal Emergency & Referral Centre (AAERC) is a 24-hour small animal clinic offering emergency, specialist and referral veterinary care. We have a strong ethos to provide optimum treatment and care for pets in South Australia, delivered by our team of veterinarians and nurses using state of the art equipment.
If you are focused on patient outcomes, work well under pressure and are looking for an opportunity to advance your career, then we are the place for you. We have a diverse team, full of knowledge, passion and care.
An exciting opportunity for an Emergency and Critical Care Vet Nurse to join the team at AAERC on a part-time basis. As a 24/7 clinic, we offer a wide range of shifts that may suit your work-life balance. This position is for someone willing to work in the afternoons and evenings and be a part of an on-call rotation.
What you can expect from the team
• Support from experienced emergency veterinarians, specialists, and referral practitioners with extensive training, as well as exposure to a large network of highly trained nurses from whom to seek support and direction.
• You can expect to be excited, educated, enlightened, enthused and inspired
• You will get exposed to emergency and critical cases in a fast-paced environment including emergency surgery, soft tissue and orthopaedic. Imaging, such as CT, x-rray, endoscopy and ultrasound. As well as exposure to medical, chemotherapy, cardiopulmonary, respiratory and dentistry cases.
What the team can expect from you
• You have experience in a range of veterinary nursing, with knowledge and understanding of ECC nursing and triage
• At least 2 years of experience
• You have the ability and willingness to learn, a strong work ethic and enjoy working as part of a team
• You can multi-task, are confident and have the initiative to work autonomously
• You provide excellent customer service and have good communication and organisational skills
• You understand and commit to providing gold standard treatment and care to all pets
• You actively seek out continuing education and opportunities to expand your skills
• You are reliable, flexible, and professional
If you would like to become part of the dynamic AAERC team, please email your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability for the role to Sophie Harris, Nurse Manager on email@example.com