Emergency Nurse Team Leader
The Animal Referral Hospital at Homebush in Sydney is currently looking for experienced and passionate Team Leader to help lead and support our close-knit team that is dedicated to the best possible patient outcomes.
The successful applicant will need to be available for days/evenings and/or overnight shifts on a fortnightly roster in our 24/7 hospital.
What are we offering?
Our specialist Emergency Department requires a Team Leader to co-ordinate daily operations, manage staffing resources, and help facilitate the high emergency standards we are passionate about. We are looking to appoint a talented individual who values team cohesion, innovation, maximising nurse skillsets and the never-ending quest to improve!
This is a permanent full time position with a focus on managerial and administrative duties, though some clinical work will be required. Advanced nursing skills and experience within an emergency environment
What can you expect from our team;
- You will join our highly skilled and dedicated nurses, Vets and interns to support and lead a very busy and efficient emergency department
- You will be working within our dedicated facilities with state-of-the-art equipment
- You will be responsible for creating rosters and organising schedules; co-ordinating workflow and maximising efficiency; resource management; interdepartmental communication; customer care and client outreach; staff management; co-ordinating staff inductions, training and goal setting; creating procedures and systems; providing nursing support for our theatre teams; and much more!
- You will be supported by a network of departmental Team Leaders, local Management and a national framework of leadership, management and HR staff
As a successful candidate, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing, with at least 5 years of experience
- Diploma in Veterinary Nursing, previous management and/or surgical experience will be favourable
- A strong work ethic and enjoy working as part of a team
- Commitment to gold standard patient care and a “fear-free” approach to patient handling
- The confidence and initiative to work autonomously yet lean on your team as needed
- Ability to multi-task and navigate within a busy, multi-departmental workplace
- A passion for excellent customer service and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary organisational skills and a high attention to detail
We will love to hear from you if you have gotten to this section. Feel free to contact Emily Banks 0421 705 547 for an informal confidential discussion.
We would love to receive a copy of your CV and make a time to chat about our hospital and what we can offer that meets the working conditions you are looking for. email@example.com