Over 1600 veterinarians and vet nurses across Australia have chosen a career with Greencross Vets. Our vets and vet nurses benefit from the resources that the largest veterinary group in Australia provides including an industry leading education program, business support for better work life balance and career opportunities throughout the 150 plus veterinary related businesses in the Greencross Vets family. At Greencross Vets your passion for pets is exemplified by practicing the highest standards of care. We invite you to join Greencross Vets for a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Greencross Vets are committed to raising the industry bar and we want you to be a part of our journey! An exciting opportunity exists for a Veterinary Nurse at our Moorooka clinic. Candidates must be flexible with availability as this role will see you working a roster which will include every if not every 2nd Saturday.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Delivering personalised and dedicated client care to all patients and owners;
• Caring, handling and cleaning all animals;
• Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment;
• Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care;
• Performing minor procedures when required;
• Reception duties including being the first point of contact for clients, handling client enquiries in person and over the phone, scheduling appointments, managing client accounts, admitting and discharging patients.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and expertise:
• Certificate Ill in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent;
• 2+ years’ experience working as a Veterinary Nurse;
• Excellent animal handling skills;
• An extensive knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures;
• Exceptional organisation, communication and customer service skills;
• Flexible and adaptable within a team environment;
• Knowledge of RX Works Ideal but not essential.
What we can offer you:
• An interesting and varied role as well as a dynamic and supportive team environment;
• Commitment to your career development through access to continued education, ongoing mentorship and regular performance reviews;
• Access to a support network of like-minded professionals;
• Access to our rewards scheme.
Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications. If this role is the right one for you, and you would like to become part of the dynamic Greencross team, please email your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to:
How to Contact Us
If you are interest contact Shawn Senior, Practice Manager on shawn.Senior@greencrossvet.com.au