Redlynch Central & Earlville QLD
Over 1600 veterinarians and vet nurses across Australia have chosen a career with Greencross Vets. Our vets and vet nurses benefit from the resources that the largest veterinary group in Australia provides, including an industry leading education program, business support for better work life balance and career opportunities throughout the 170 plus veterinary related businesses in the Greencross Vets family.
“Greencross is like a big family to me. I love my job; I love the diversity it has to offer, and I love the career growth it can offer.”
At Greencross Vets, your passion for pets is exemplified by practicing the highest standards of care. We invite you to join Greencross Vets for a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Greencross Vets, a pioneer in the Veterinary landscape for over 10 years, are committed to raising the industry bar and we want you to be a part of our journey! An opportunity for a Veterinary Nurse to join our passionate team at our both our Redlynch Central and Earlville clinics on a part-time or full-time basis.
In the beautiful city of Cairns in Far North Queensland, you can live your ideal tropical lifestyle, with true work life balance. Close to the sea, with the Great Barrier Reef on your doorstep, visit rainforests and beachside retreats in the same day. Live close to Palm Cove, Kuranda and Daintree. Tourists and locals alike love the beaches, the Kuranda butterfly sanctuary, Lake Eacham, great hiking and so much more.
About Your New Role
• Delivering personalised and dedicated client care to all patients and owners
• Caring, handling and cleaning all animals
• Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment
• Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care
• Performing minor procedures when required
• Reception duties including being the first point of contact for clients, handling client enquiries in person and over the phone, scheduling appointments, managing client accounts, admitting and discharging patients
About Your Skills & Experience
• Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (or you are close to completion)
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Veterinary Nurse
• Excellent animal handling skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures
• Good organisational, communication and customer service skills
• Flexible and adaptable within a team environment
• Knowledge of RX Works ideal but not essential
• Part-time or full-time permanent role across two clinics in Cairns
• Competitive salary in line with Level 4 Nurse qualifications plus super and benefits
• An interesting and varied role as well as a dynamic and supportive team environment
• Commitment to your career development through access to continued education, ongoing mentorship and regular performance reviews
• Access to a support network of like-minded vets and vet nurses
For a confidential conversation about what the future with us may look like contact Abbie Smith on 0412 966 031 or email@example.com