An opportunity for a Veterinary Nurse to join our team at our Sandringham clinic on a part-time basis.
Over 1600 veterinarians and vet nurses across Australia have chosen a career with Greencross Vets. Our vets and vet nurses benefit from the resources that the largest veterinary group in Australia provides including an industry leading education program, business support for better work life balance and career opportunities throughout the 170 plus veterinary related businesses in the Greencross Vets family. At Greencross Vets your passion for pets is exemplified by practicing the highest standards of care. We invite you to join Greencross Vets for a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Greencross Vets, a pioneer in the Veterinary landscape for over 10 years, are committed to raising the industry bar and we want you to be a part of our journey.
Why join Greencross Sandringham?
• We are a happy team of 15, the more the merrier
• 6 minutes from Sandringham beach
• The team believe in practicing a high standard of care to ensure that our patients only receive the best
• We offer a range of additional services to our patients including, grooming, digital x-rays, dental x-rays, nurse consults, behaviour consults and much more
• If you enjoy working with up to date equipment, then this is the clinic for you
• Parking available and walking distance from Sandringham train station
• The team are very supportive and offer a great learning environment for you to upskill and find what you love!
• We can offer flexible hours to accommodate school or day care pickup and drop off
About Your New Role
• Caring, handling and nursing animals
• Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment
• Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care
• Delivering outstanding client care to all patients and owners
• Handling client enquiries professionally in person, by email and over the phone
• Administration duties and associated tasks
About Your Skills & Experience
• A Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
• Some experience in Vet nursing
• Excellent animal handling skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures
• Good organisational, communication and customer service skills
• Flexible and adaptable within a team environment
• Training, coaching and mentoring for the right candidate
An interesting and varied role as well as a dynamic and supportive team environment
• Commitment to your career development through access to continued education and ongoing learning
• Access to a support network of like-minded professionals
Pay is in line with experience and qualifications. If you would like to become part of the dynamic Greencross team, apply now with your cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the criteria above to:
Felicity Sant, Practice Manager
or call Felicity on 03 9598 3621 for a confidential chat.