Vet Nurse Surgery Team Leader
The Adelaide Animal Emergency & Referral Centre is a 24hr multi-disciplinary centre offering emergency, specialist and referral veterinary services. We have a strong ethic of providing the very best treatment and care for pets in the fields of emergency medicine, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, dentistry, specialist surgery, critical care and diagnostic imaging.
What are we offering?
Our specialist Surgical Department requires a Team Leader to co-ordinate daily operations, manage staffing resources, and help facilitate the cutting edge surgical and anaesthesia standards we are passionate about. We are looking to appoint a talented individual who values team cohesion, innovation, maximising nurse skillsets and the never-ending quest to improve!
This is a permanent part time position with a focus on managerial and administrative duties, though some clinical work will be required. Advanced nursing skills and experience within a specialist surgical environment may be an advantage but are not required.
What can you expect from our team?
• You will be part of a specialist surgery team that offers a range of advanced surgical and diagnostic procedures, including orthopaedics, neurosurgery, minimally invasive surgery, soft tissue and reconstructive surgery.
• You will join our highly skilled and dedicated nurses, surgeons and surgical residents to provide the highest quality surgical, anaesthesia and peri-operative care.
• You will be working within our dedicated facilities with state-of-the-art diagnostic, anaesthesia and monitoring equipment as well as advanced surgical equipment
• You will be responsible for creating rosters and organising schedules; co-ordinating workflow and maximising efficiency; resource management; interdepartmental communication; customer care and client outreach; staff management; co-ordinating staff inductions, training and goal setting; creating procedures and systems; providing nursing support for our theatre teams; and much more!
• You will be supported by a network of departmental Team Leaders, local Management and a national framework of leadership, management and HR staff.
As a successful candidate, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing, with at least 5 years of experience
• Diploma in Veterinary Nursing, previous management and/or surgical experience will be favourable
• A strong work ethic and enjoy working as part of a team
• Commitment to gold standard patient care and a “fear-free” approach to patient handling
• The confidence and initiative to work autonomously yet lean on your team as needed
• Ability to multi-task and navigate within a busy, multi-departmental workplace
• A passion for excellent customer service and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Exemplary organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
Applications will be received via email only and should include a cover letter along with your resume. Please include the contact details of two professional referees and one personal referee. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Elisha Barrow, Practice Manager
Adelaide Animal Emergency and Referral Centre
119 Anzac Highway, Kurralta Park, SA, 5037, Tel: 08 8371 0333