Tuggeranong, Canberra ACT
Are you the Surgical Yin to our Medicine Yang?
We have a loyal and diverse customer base who appreciate our direct and individualised care.
We are looking for a veterinarian who enjoys surgery, as our surgical vet has relocated to QLD.
We have a strong clinical support team, many of whom have been with us for 5+ years and 2 for over 25 years.
About the Opportunity
We are a unique clinic. We were a former mixed practice and are now solely Small Animals. We are not ashamed of our roots it instilled the “Old School” in us. While we know we live in a modern world, we still ensure our clinical team, patients, and their families get the direct and individualised care they need.
We see a varied caseload and pride ourselves on providing an exceptional standard of patient care, with access to all resources, technology and equipment needed for us to best-practice medicine, including Ultrasound and Ortho Surgical instruments.
Our Veterinary team enjoy practising medicine, and 2 of our vets have special interests in behaviour and emergency. We would love to welcome a veterinarian who enjoys surgery to our team. Our Veterinary team of 6 is supported by a 13 strong veterinary nurse and clinical support team. If surgery is not your thing, but you like the sound of our practice, let’s chat.
About our Team and Culture
Our team has a great sense of humour. We enjoy a laugh, rally as a team and ensure we are there to support each other in the good and the tough times. Our collaborative approach ensures we discuss our cases during daily rounds and pass on and share knowledge.
• We will pay a generous base salary that reflects the experience you bring.
• Flexible working arrangements to suit your lifestyle
• AVA & Vin Memberships
• CE Allowance and 1-week paid study leave
As part of Greencross Vets, we provide the highest quality of integrated veterinary services in Australia, with an extended network of General Practice clinics and state-of-the-art Emergency, Specialist and Referral hospitals steered by a team of world-class Vets devoted Specialists, skilled nurses and supportive Management. Our Benefits include.
• Paid Paternity leave
• Opportunity for profit share arrangement
• Our clinical teams have access to industry-leading development programs committed to career growth. Veterinary Nurse Training, Veterinary graduate program and defined career pathways to undertake special interests training, internships, memberships and even residency training to become a specialist.
• We can support you through our structured return to clinical work program if you are returning to clinical practice.
• Relocation Support Package available to interstate and international veterinarians.
• We are an accredited Sponsor with Immigration and can support your Employer nominated Work and PR visas.
Not from Canberra?
If you are not a Canberran, you may want to know what else is great about one of the world’s most sustainable cities in the world?
• Affordable living if you are looking to rent or buy
• Access to excellent schools and universities
• Iconic museums and galleries
• Delight in a foodie and winebar wonderland with a side of world-class art
• We are a 2.5-hour drive to the snowfields
• Experience breathtaking nature and family fun, all within easy reach
• Enjoy spending time tasting the thriving cool-climate wine region
Interested in Applying?
Apply to or for confidential conversations contact Aimee Elliott, Talent Partner on 0401 162 466 or email@example.com