With a couple of years of experience under your belt, you know what matters in your veterinarian career – a sense of teamwork, support and a chance to take your career to the next level.
This is why, at Greencross Vets, we’re focused on your growth. One of the largest veterinary groups in Australia, we pride ourselves on our employee-led development and support program that includes a commitment to a better career/life balance, an industry-leading education program, plus a wide range of career opportunities throughout the 170+ vet-related businesses in our larger family.
What we offer you
Greencross Underwood is an energetic community of pet-obsessed people just like you! We believe in reward and recognition at every step. When you join our family, you’ll enjoy:
● A growth-focused environment where your development is our priority
● Competitive salary and benefits
● A permanent full-time role with variety
● Four weeks annual leave, plus one-week study leave
● CE programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
● Mental health first aid officers at each clinic
● Free and confidential counselling available 24/7 through LifeWorks
What you’ll bring
● A flexible and adaptable approach, with a commitment to gold standards of care
● Passion for pets (naturally), with excellent animal handling skills
● Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in Australia
● Exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
● Interest in, and commitment to, working in a team environment
What you’ll be doing each day
● Delivering personalised, professional and dedicated care to our patients and owners
● Handling and treating all animals
● Regular consults and routine surgery
● Using evidence-based diagnoses, therapies and recommended courses of treatment
● Providing follow-up care and education of our pet owners
● Confidently working as a sole practitioner in the clinic when required
What would it be like to work with us?
Underwood is a co-located practice, meaning it is located next door to a Petbarn retail store, offering endless benefits as well as a steady stream of cross referrals being directed towards our clinic. Our team work very closely with the Petbarn retail team, supporting us to offer a truly positive and memorable experience for our clients and their pets. Our clinic is just over 12 months old, fully equipped with Digital x-rays, IM3 Dental suite, Skyla Biochemistry and Mythic haematology. Two iso anaesthetic machines, Anitek multiparameter in theatre and Suntech BP as well as Pulse Oximeter, Nikki Pump and Bair Hugger for patient safety. We have two consult rooms leading into the prep area, dedicated theatre and x-ray room, dog and cat wards with a staff area out the back.
How to contact us
We want to hear from you, about what matters most in your career and how we can play a role in that development. Contact Abbie Smith on 0412 966 031 or firstname.lastname@example.org