• Be part of an experienced and supportive multidisciplinary team
• Work alongside Specialists to provide holistic and supportive care
• Generous support for continued training and research, including annual Continuing Education allowance and 1 week of CE leave
The Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre (AVSARC) based in South Australia was first opened in July 2000. It was the first facility in South Australia offering a multidisciplinary small animal referral service by veterinarians with specialist training.
As Adelaide’s leading referral and Emergency centre, our hospital has been purpose-built ensuring a pleasant environment with all the equipment you’d expect at a large multidiscipline emergency and referral veterinary centre.
We offer referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging and Animal Behaviour. Our collaborative approach to medicine allows for the highest quality of patient care as well as continuous learning.
About Your New Role
Working alongside AVSARC departments, you will provide expert advice and support for procedures requiring sedation, anaesthesia, and pain management. With a team of Vets and Nurses to provide support, you will manage your patients care from pre-operative to post-operative recovery and associated ongoing pain management.
AVSARC provides emergency and elective procedures for the Adelaide Pet population. Working alongside the Emergency team, you will also provide support and technical advice for emergent and critical patient events.
• Registered (or eligible for registration) with the South Australian Veterinary Board
• Membership level professional qualifications
• Minimum 3 years clinical experience working as an anaesthetist
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex patient presentations
• Ability to collaborate with a large team and manage a varied and busy case load
• Experience in leading teams, with proven ability to foster a positive work culture
• Board certification in Anaesthesia / Analgesia / Intern Medicine is desired
• Experience working in a similar role in a large multidisciplinary hospital
• Evidence of research contribution to the Veterinary industry
• Demonstrated experience in training and mentoring junior clinicians
Benefits for You
• Salary of $200k plus superannuation
• $20k sign-on bonus
• Profit share opportunity
• Generous relocation allowance and Visa sponsorship for eligible applicants
• Paid parental leave
• Opportunity to participate in the Leadership Development Program
For a confidential discussion please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Consultant. Applications should be email and include a covering letter and up to date resume.