- Diverse and challenging opportunity
- Work with a leading team of veterinary experts
- Supportive, inclusive and stimulating workplace
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
Adelaide Animal Emergency & Referral Centre – we are a long-established and leading group of General Practice, Specialist and Emergency Veterinary Hospitals with facilities located throughout Australia. We strive to provide the highest quality general practice, specialist medical, surgical and diagnostic animal services including 24-hour emergency and critical care. We take pride in our dynamic environment and no day or night is ever the same.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Business Manager for our referral hospital in Adelaide. As an integral member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for the business development, strategy, management and accountability of our Adelaide hospital. The Business Manager will work closely with the hospital Veterinarians, nurses, technical staff and support teams. The hospital operates 24 hours 7 days a week and provides both Specialist and Emergency and Critical Care. Responsibilities include:
- Financial leadership and reporting for the hospital
- Project management within the hospital
- Marketing and promotional coordination
- Leadership in business strategic planning and execution
- Ensure adequate resources and support are available to teams to deliver the highest quality of care to patients
- Liaise with other hospital managers to ensure alignment and promotion of the business group and to maximise efficiency, profitability and productivity
The right candidate should have substantial knowledge and experience in business operations. You should be a humble and resilient person with a desire to help others succeed and grow. You understand that customer service is a business imperative. Your excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management skills and your strong ability to prioritise work will allow you to serve a passion for strong positive business, hospital, people and animal outcomes. You should have proven experience and success working independently, working within a team and with various internal and external stakeholders. The ability to adapt, listen and collaborate, find and execute improvements and processes and lead change are crucial. With a flexible and creative attitude towards work, you will fit well within our culture.
The right candidate will be part of a high performing team and will also be expected to have:
- Degree qualified (business, commerce, business management or related)
- 3 or more years of leadership or managerial experience
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and organisational skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Knowledge of EzyVet or other veterinary / medical practice software is desirable
- Project management experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of or prior experience in a clinical environment will be highly regarded
Adelaide is an amazingly vibrant city with all the benefits of a capital city with the feel of a country town. We have great schools, a strong artistic and cultural community, with the Adelaide Fringe Festival, second largest in the world behind the Edinburgh Fringe, amazing sport with the beach and Adelaide Hills both only short drives from the city centre and not to mention the food and wine regions of the Barossa Valley and McClaren Vale on our door step. This is a great place for families and those seeking a lifestyle and work-life balance most only dream about.
This position offers an opportunity to work with some of the best clinicians in their field, in a professional and challenging yet enjoyable workplace. A competitive annual salary plus leave entitlements, a continuous education program and other employee benefits are provided. This is a growing business and, for the right candidate, ongoing opportunities will undoubtedly present themselves.
For a confidential conversation about what the future with us may look like, please reach out to our Career Representative, Lyndsay Farlow Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0432 491 618.