Veterinary Clinical Director
Baulkham Hills NSW
Are you an experienced Veterinarian looking for your next challenge?
This is an exciting opportunity to represent clinical matters at a senior management level in a growing business.
Who are we?
We are the Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) Baulkham Hills. We are passionate about delivering exceptional patient and client care and supporting our veterinary teams. We belong to an extensive network of hospitals, including ARH Homebush, ARH Wollongong, ARH Essendon Fields, ARH Adelaide, and ARH Brisbane. Across the ARH network, we have specialists in critical care, internal medicine, surgery, neurology, oncology, imaging, ophthalmology, and behaviour. Being a part of the ARH team means working alongside some of the industries most experienced and knowledgeable specialists.
At ARH Baulkham Hills, we have up to date equipment, including a full in-house IDEXX lab, digital radiography, and ultrasonography. Our exceptional team of Vets, Specialists and Nurses are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. We use Rx Works combined with Smart Flow software and provide exceptional emergency and critical care for our patients.
As the Clinical Director, you will work on the floor as an Emergency Veterinarian and represent clinical matters at the senior management level. You will play a significant role in setting the direction and tone of the clinic as we focus on the growth of our Emergency service. You will do this by contributing to planning activities, liaising with specialist teams and ensuring we are improving our patient care outcomes.
Within the Emergency department itself, you will apply your hard-won wisdom to mentor vets who will be at various stages of their career as well as taking a keen interest in their professional growth. A culture of constant improvement and professional excellence is what we strive for,can you help us deliver it?
About Your New Role
• Supporting and mentoring Emergency Veterinarians
• Rostering of Emergency Veterinarians
• Assisting in the recruitment process
• Providing professional assessment of Emergency team performance and development
• Determining best patient care principles considerate of resources
• Developing and publishing processes and procedures in consultation with the relevant Vets, Specialists, Nurses and Senior Management to improve patient care outcomes
• Assisting in dealing with complaints from a clinical standpoint, both internal and external
• Liaising and visiting with referring Veterinary colleagues
• Assisting with costing and pricing of procedures
• Arranging training for staff and assisting in identifying CE opportunities
• Helping in assessing equipment requirements and suitability
• Partaking in on-call duties
We offer to you
• A full-time position with some on-call duties, shared with the other managers and coordinators
• Competitive salary (dependant on experience and qualifications)
• Rewarding annual clinic based bonus payments
• Fully funded VSB, AVA and VIN memberships
• $1500 per annum Continuing Education grant
• Six weeks paid parental leave
• Leadership and business training and development to suit your professional development goals
• Opportunities for you to step into regional and national management roles as your career progresses
• Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (counselling and wellbeing care)
• A supportive and caring team who are dedicated to providing exceptional patient care
• A dedicated senior leadership team who will support you in achieving your career goals
If you believe you would thrive in this exciting role and positively contribute to our team, please apply now by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion, you may also contact Michelle Gray on 0429 007 945.