The Animal Emergency Centre (AEC) is a purpose built, vet led, multidisciplinary hospital. We are able to provide referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging along with 24/7 emergency and critical care. Our collaborative approach allows for the highest quality of patient care as well as continuous learning.
The ECC department is our largest department and provides both internal and external critical care, recovery, emergency and hospital services. With a strong team of experienced vets and nurses we are looking for someone to help lead, support and grow our service.
This is not a solely management role as we expect our vet directors to still be working in the department as well as on the department. It is a full-time position that comes with the usual benefits associated with such a role, including study leave, CE allowance, vacation, sick leave, parental leave, superannuation etc.
The salary is negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications. This along with a substantial sign-up bonus and relocation allowance if moving interstate.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and expertise
• A veterinary degree registerable in South Australia
• ANZCVSC Membership in Emergency and Critical Care or equivalent
• Extensive experience in the ECC space
• Currently active in practice
• Comfortable and proficient with typical ECC surgeries and procedures
• A strong desire to provide leadership and take on a mentoring role
• Constantly looking to update yourself in the profession
• Create good working relationships both within and outside the clinic
• Exceptional customer service & communication skills
• Exceptional organisation and time management skills
What we offer you
• A varied and interesting role
• A strong support network of very knowledgeable and experienced staff
• Training & professional development opportunities
• An opportunity to help build and support a strong Emergency and Critical Care Team
You are looking for an opportunity to advance your career and lead a group of talented professionals while heading up a growing emergency department, then we want to hear from you. You feel that you have strong clinical skills and want to grow your management abilities; we can help with support and mentorship in this aspect of the role.
Applications will be received via email only and should include a cover letter along with your resume. Please include the contact details of two professional referees and one personal referee. Short-listed applicants will be contacted by phone.
Talent Acquisition Partner