Veterinary Network Expansion Coordinator
North Ryde NSW
The Veterinary Network Development Manager is responsible for the planning and delivery of key expansion projects across the Greencross General Practice and/or Specialty and Emergency clinic and hospital network.
Greencross is Australia’s largest integrated pet wellness organisation; with a national network of retail stores (Petbarn and City Farmers), veterinary practices (Greencross Vets), and our Animal Emergency Hospitals. Our purpose is to make our world a happier place through the love of pets. We are looking for a leader who achieves outstanding results and who can embody our values: Passion, Authentic, Caring, Knowledge, and Togetherness.
About the Role
The role of Veterinary Network Expansion Coordinator reporting into National Manager Vet Licensing and Capital Assets. Our project landscape includes new-to-industry or greenfield locations, relocation of existing clinics into purpose-built clinics in Petbarn retail stores, relocation of existing Greencross clinics into new locations and major refurbishment and expansion projects in existing clinics and hospitals. This may include the addition of expanded consulting and hospital areas, and new diagnostic and patient care services such as ICU, Oncology and CT.
You will take a lead role in working with key stakeholders across our Property, Finance, Operations, and Licensing teams at all stages of project development. This will include clinic and hospital design, capital planning, including equipment planning and forecasting, business case development and presentation and all aspects of licensing through to project implementation and delivery.
An ability to bring together and collaborate with multiple levels of clinic and hospital leadership from our General Manager, Area/Operations Manager and Practice/Business Manager teams as well as our clinic/hospital team leaders is critical to this role. You will also be responsible for post-delivery review with all key stakeholders to take any learnings from those projects and to integrate those into further projects
There are 2 amazing opportunities:
• Permanent Full Time – General Practice
• Permanent Full Time – Emergency & Specialty
Your role and responsibilities will include but not limited to
The Veterinary Network Development Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Involvement in project scope, design and review through to the sign-off of design plans for all projects.
• Develop close working relationships with our Property team and balance the ability to get a project off the ground quickly whilst at the same time ensuring all aspects of design and operational planning components are considered and delivered.
• Work with our Property and Leadership teams to define the tenancy requirements for new site opportunities and ensure an alignment to the needs of the business.
• Bring together all key stakeholders across multiple departments to create synergies that deliver a successful project.
• Take a key role in all operational meeting rhythms associated with the project at Support Office level.
• Involve and engage Team Leaders in our clinics and hospitals in planning meetings to ensure the project scope considers their views and experiences and delivers a successful project for the team.
• Take a lead role in creating and putting forward the business plan for Executive approval and work closely with the respective managers in business plan development. You will also take a lead role in ensuring that the project meets the planned delivery timeline and ensure all stakeholders are kept informed on the progress of all projects including any unplanned delays.
• You will also need to understand the key drivers of financial modelling including all capital and operational costs, all associated labour costs and all key drivers of incremental revenue delivery.
• Work closely with the respective managers on identifying needs such as recruitment and capital equipment and ensure that all key components are in place for a smooth and successful project delivery and that the project meets the approved objectives.
• You need to manage the project budget and negotiate with different service providers and vendors to achieve the aims of the business plan.
• Attend to the necessary licensing requirements for veterinary boards, radiations regulators and health departments as and where required.
Competencies to succeed in the role include
• A tertiary level qualification in one or more of Veterinary Nursing, Veterinary Science, human healthcare, Commerce, Business, Finance, Management or other area relevant to the position and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and training would be desirable. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at different phases of development and implementation.
• An ability to bring together and collaborate with key stakeholders across various business departments and thereby maximise project outcomes.
• Preferably experience in the veterinary or healthcare industry with an understanding of clinic and hospital design and workflow.
• An ability to conceptualise a project, think spatially and understand and integrate the various components of design.
• Ability to solve complex problems and make decisions in a timely manner.
• Strong business and financial acumen as well as a strategic and lateral thinker.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• A can-do attitude and strong perceptive skills.
• A high level of Emotional Intelligence and empathy.
How to Apply
Please contact Sarah Kitchen (General Manager, People – Vet Services) to show your interest who will outline next steps. Application closing at 5:00pm Monday 6 September 2021.