The Veterinary Referral Hospital is a large, 24/7 veterinary hospital that provides services to referring Veterinarians and the public including Emergency and Critical Care, Neurology, Surgery, Medicine, Diagnostic Imaging and more. It is located in Dandenong of Victoria, Australia – 29km south-east from Melbourne CBD; a city known for its cosmopolitan lifestyle with an array of lifestyle opportunities for all those who enjoy the finest food, wine, art, culture, nature and sport.
To join us on this journey, we are looking for a Veterinary Neurologist to join the team on a permanent full-time basis. The successful candidate will see themselves working alongside other Veterinarians and supported by a team of dedicated and experienced Nurses.
What you’ll be doing each day
• Attend to primary accession neurology consultations.
• Develop and implement a diagnostic plan.
• Develop and implement a treatment plan
• Participate in the discharge of patients admitted to the VRH for treatment.
• Liaise with the referring clinic about cases treated by the VRH.
• Participate in an after-hours service to assist the Emergency Team with complex neurology cases.
What we offer you
• $235,000 + super + benefits
• The opportunity to demonstrate and expand your clinical skills in a supportive, exciting and dynamic environment
• A challenging and rewarding position – feel good about what you do!
• Support both professionally and personally with proactive interaction with colleagues and the support team
• The ability to work at any of the other Animal Emergency Centres in Melbourne
To be considered you must have
• A veterinary degree registerable in Australia with specialist qualifications (FANZCVS, or Board-certified) is required
• Eligible to be registered as a veterinarian in VIC
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary hospital
• We are also keen to hear from Veterinarians who have finished Resident programs and/or who have attained Memberships.
Team fit is very important to us, so we are looking for individuals who have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and have a passion for outcomes, patient care and excellent clinical service.
To submit your application or for a confidential conversation about your next career move, please contact the team on details below: