An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team at our Morwell clinic on a full-time or part-time basis.
Over 1900 veterinarians and vet nurses across Australia have chosen a career with Greencross Vets. Our vets and vet nurses benefit from the resources that the largest veterinary group in Australia provides including an industry leading education program, business support for better work/life balance and career opportunities throughout the 170 plus veterinary related businesses in the Greencross Vets family. At Greencross Vets your passion for pets is exemplified by practicing the highest standards of care. We invite you to join Greencross Vets for a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Greencross Vets, a pioneer in the Veterinary landscape for over 10 years, are committed to raising the industry bar and we want you to be a part of our journey!
About Your New Role
- Delivering personalised and dedicated client care to all patients and owners
- Caring, handling and cleaning all animals
- Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment
- Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care
- Performing minor procedures when required
- Reception duties including being the first point of contact for clients, handling client enquiries in person and over the phone, scheduling appointments, managing client accounts, admitting and discharging patients
About Your Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of experience
- Excellent animal handling skills
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures
- Exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
- Flexible and adaptable within a team environment
- Knowledge of RX Works ideal but not essential
- An interesting and varied role as well as a dynamic and supportive team environment
- Commitment to your career development through access to continued education, ongoing mentorship and regular performance reviews
- Access to a support network of like-minded professionals
If this role sounds good for you, and you would like to become part of the dynamic Greencross team, please email your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the criteria above to: Renee Newstead, Area Manager firstname.lastname@example.org