Veterinary Nurses Surgery and ECC/ICU
The Veterinary Referral Hospital provides comprehensive patient care from Emergency and Critical Care to Specialist Surgery, Medicine, Neurology and Diagnostic Imaging – which includes an on-site 1.5 tesla MRI. We recently acquired a Specialist Anaesthetist team and with the launch of our Oncology Department in August, we sure pack in a lot under this roof!
We stand by our core values of Passion, Authenticity, Caring, Knowledge and Togetherness
We practice the highest standards of care whilst remaining a friendly and relaxed clinic. We support the growth of the industry by virtue of being a teaching and learning hospital, with internships (vet and nursing), student placements and presentations to local and global forums. Nevertheless, we never forget that we are here to provide the best service and care for our patients, their owners and our own team members.
About Your New Role
Opportunities for Veterinary Nurses to join our Surgery and Emergency Teams, on a full-time basis.
In Emergency and Critical Care, the role will include all aspects of nursing from admissions to anaesthesia, Critical Care nursing through to recovery and discharge. As a 24/7 clinic, shift work including overnights and weekends will be required and you will be allowed to grow into your role, guided by a supportive team of specialists, vets and nurses. Experience in critical care and neurological patient care will be highly regarded.
In Surgery, you will work with a close-knit team of nurses, specialists and interns focussed on the highest levels of surgical nursing care for both orthopaedic and soft tissue procedures. If complicated anaesthetics are your thing, you can use those skills in the Imaging/MRI Department with the assistance of our specialist anaesthetist team. So, we would love to hear about your experience with anaesthesia in a surgical setting.
About Your Skills and Experience
• Qualifications as a Veterinary Nurse, minimum Certificate IV or equivalent
• A higher level of competency in all areas of Veterinary Nursing
• At least 2 years of experience in the veterinary industry
• Exceptional organisation and communication skills
• A flexible, adaptable and positive “we’ve got this” attitude!
Benefits for You
• The opportunity to expand your clinical skills in a supportive, exciting and dynamic environment
• A challenging and rewarding position – enabling you to feel good about what you do!
• A personalised training program including access to local and international courses
• Support both professionally and personally with a focus on mental health and well-being
• An attractive salary and benefits to recognise the skills and talents of the right person
• The ability to work at any of the other Animal Emergency Centres in Melbourne
Experience in referral hospitals is preferable but not essential.
If you are not quite sure, why not come and check us out to see if we are the team for you?
If one of these roles looks like the one you’ve been searching for and sounds like your next challenge, please apply by email with a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the criteria to Michael Wilhelm, People and Culture Co-ordinator at email@example.com