Veterinary Rotating Internship
VRH is a purpose-built, world class facility with modern sophisticated equipment and over 80 clinical and support staff, all focussed on providing world class patient care in a supportive, learning environment. A unique opportunity exists for Veterinarians (both recent graduates and experienced) considering a change in direction or to further progress their career.
We are offering 12-month fixed term Rotating Internships in a truly multi-disciplinary referral hospital and ECC. The rotating internship will expose you to regular rotations in the following Departments:
• Emergency & Critical Care
The internship is designed and overseen by our team of specialists and provides constant exposure to best practice veterinary care in a supportive, collegiate environment. You will also become a member of the burgeoning VRH family with a growing network throughout the industry.
Interns are scheduled to work a flexible roster based on the needs of each Department, which can include a mix of day and night shifts, weekend work and some public holidays. Working under supervision, there will be the opportunity to engage directly with the specialists. Journal reviews and the writing of papers will be encouraged and supported as part of further learning. Notwithstanding your previous experience, the internship is a genuine learning opportunity and as such you will not be expected to take primary responsibility for patients, aside from the rotations in ECC.
The Rotating Internship provides the opportunity to advance your knowledge and gain skills in key aspects of the veterinary industry in a modern, world class facility. For those wanting to specialise, this Rotating Internship is designed to expose interns to a range of specialist roles and in so doing assist in improved career choices. Base Salary is in the order of $65k with employment conditions as per the Animal Care and Veterinary Services Award 2020.
To succeed in this role, you will possess the following
• A genuine desire to be a part of our team practising the highest standards in veterinary care
• An interest in surgery, internal medicine, neurology, diagnostic imaging and/or emergency medicine
• A passion for continuing education
• Exceptional organisational and communication skills
• Flexible, adaptable, positive attitude with a focus on teamwork
Benefits for you
• Generous salary of $65,000 per annum plus super plus benefits
• VIN and Veterinary Journals
• Specialist mentorship in interesting and varied roles, providing the basis for an application for external residency positions
• Access to a support network of like-minded professionals
• A dynamic and supportive team environment
How to Contact Us
To apply or start a conversation, contact Matthew Lacey, Talent Acquisition Partner on email@example.com or 0402 715 462.