Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
• Work with a leading provider of specialist and emergency veterinary care
• Challenging yet supportive environment
• Excellent remuneration and benefits (including relocation package)
An exciting opportunity for a third Criticalist to join the Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) in Sydney, Australia on a full-time permanent basis.
The Animal Referral Hospital is a part of Australia’s largest well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients, our clients, and our staff. We offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, and SA. This allows us to provide an exceptional standard of patient care, with access to all the resources, technology & equipment needed for best practice medicine.
About Your New Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a third Emergency and Critical Care Specialist to join a dedicated and friendly team at ARH Homebush. This full-time role is to work as part of our multi-disciplinary referral team which offers specialist services such as 24-hour emergency and critical care, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, surgery, oncology and radiation oncology, ophthalmology, cardiology, behaviour, and physiotherapy.
Due to increase in workload and growth of the business we are currently expanding and building a brand-new dedicated ICU for critical care patients fit out with brand new cutting edge equipment. This will improve the effectiveness of our established Emergency and Critical Care team of over 40, highly experienced specialists, emergency vets and a large contingent of nurses.
Our teams have access to the following state-of-the-art imaging and diagnostic equipment in our hospital facility.
• 1.5T High Field MRI
• 64 slice Siemens cardiac CT scanner
• Digital X-ray
• Cardiac and abdominal ultrasound facilities
• Full in-house laboratory.
• Three fully equipped dedicated surgical theatres
• Latest Olympus CV-190 endoscopy system
The ideal applicant will be motivated, committed to patient care, and share a vision for a collaborative working environment, where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive personal gold standard service. This position requires interaction with a large team of specialists, veterinarians and nurses. Good communications skills and an ability to work as a team are essential. A strong commitment to continued professional development is also desirable.
• Applicants should be registered or be qualified as a specialist in Emergency and Critical Care, Fellow (ANZCVS) or Diplomate (ACVECC, ECVECC).
• Applicants that have completed their residency training are encouraged to apply
• Sydney is the largest city in Australia, known for being a city on the water, with its extensive beaches, stunning harbour and internationally recognised architecture, Sydney offers the pros of a large international city, but also the relaxed beach lifestyle that is unlike most places in the world.
• A full-time permanent role with generous salary and benefits package with no commission structure, to encourage close collaboration across the hospital
• Migration support is available and financial support towards relocation expenses is on offer for international Vets
• Exceptional continuing education allowance and support in ongoing professional development in your chosen area of speciality
• Collaborating with a national network of like-minded dedicated specialists, interns, vets, nurses and support team members
How to Contact Us
If you interested in a great opportunity to be part of a national team of Specialists in a state of the art facility please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call Matthew Lacey on 0402 715 462.