Veterinary Surgical Nurse
The Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre (AVSARC) is a purpose-built multidisciplinary hospital. We provide referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging along with 24/7 emergency and critical care. Our collaborative approach allows for the highest quality of patient care as well as continuous learning.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Surgical Nurse to join our dynamic and motivated team at AVSARC on a 12-month parental leave contract, on a part-time or full-time basis. We are ideally looking for someone who can commence immediately, however the start date is negotiable. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career in Surgical Nursing.
The role includes all aspects of surgical nursing from admission, anaesthesia, scrubbing-in to assist with procedures and then through to recovery and discharge. Alongside of this you’ll be involved in CTs, MRIs, Fluroscopy studies and critical care patient management.
About Your Skills & Experience
• Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent)
• 3-5 years of experience working as a Veterinary Nurse, experience in Emergency preferred but not essential
• A strong work ethic and ability to work in a team, as well as the confidence to work autonomously
• Flexibility, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
• The ability to remain calm under pressure
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Confidence in dealing with people, given the nature of our business, it is crucial our nurses are able to effectively deal with clients who may be highly stressed or emotional
• Exceptional organisation and time management skills
• The ability to multitask and to demonstrate initiative
• Be flexible, adaptable and have a positive attitude
• A part-time or full-time fixed term role for 12 months
• A varied and interesting role
• A strong support network of very knowledgeable and experienced staff
• Training and professional development opportunities
• A supportive and dynamic team environment
If you are looking for a new & exciting challenge, and you believe that this is your opportunity to shine please send your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the criteria above to Emma Cox, Surgical Nursing Team Leader on email@example.com